• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2180 woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glockjs

Well I just got all the hardware yesterday and set everything up. But when I try to OC past 260 fsb x10 mult I hit a wall :bang head It seems to get past that point I need to up my vcore a good amount. My goal is to get as far past the 3 ghz mark as possible but to even get to 3 ghz stable the vcore is as ~1.43 which is :mad:

I do not want to run this chip that hot. And looking all over the forums people with these chips are hitting 3.2 ghz with only around mid 1.3x vcore. I even took out a stick of ram so im only running one to cut down on the probs and I still hit this wall. Am I missing something? Do I have to start upping mobo voltage to get past 260 fsb(1333fsb board). What do I have to do here? Or is it time for RMA since today is within my 7 days for newegg :/

Allendale 2180 MO step
Abit IP 35-E
Ballistix DDR 800
Crorsair vx 550

I personally don't think 1.43 is that much. I'm running at 1.4375 atm with my e2140 at 3.2Ghz. Have tried up to 1.5v and it doesn't change my temperature that much at all, about 5C more at load.

What happens if you lower the multiplier down to 8 and increase the fsb?

havn't really tried for a higher fsb with lower mult. was trying to keep the mult high from what i understand higher fsb=more heat. ill have to play with it a little more when i get home though. at that 1.43v it hits 55c load which is pushing it from what i understand. just dont get how everybody and their mother can hit 3-3.2 on these chips with mid 1.3ish vcore :(

I have one of those 2180's and it needs a bit of v-power to get the FSB up, mine is running at 3.2 with 1.45 volts

If you try higher fsb on lower mult, then you can easily see if you reach any fsb-wall (not a big risk), but just to be sure that's not a problem to reach higher fsb than you have now.

I got 65C load as it is now.

yeah the reason i say 55c is high for me because i can only imagine what that will rise to in the summer months :( my aim is to keep and stick to ~60c. the as5 is still settling too so a few degrees is gonna be shaved off over time :/

Yeah i know what you mean! :)
I don't have to care about that thou, because i'm getting a vapochill for my system this week! :D

Anyways, have you tested higher fsb on lower mult to see if that isn't a problem?

yeah it took 1.5vcore to boot 370 didnt even test stability. ive just come to the conclusion i got a power hungry chip :( im just gonna run the 1.43 vcore and try and stay stay stable above 3 ghz and call it a sad face rig :(

currently workin on prime stable :/

this is the secound E21xx cpu that i've heard of that won't do past 2.6ghz w/o major increases in voltage.

For reference, my L2 e2140 does 3ghz with 1.3375voltz (in bios) on a gigabyte P35-S3L running 2 x 1gig OCZ system elite memory at ddr900 @ 5-5-5-15 stock volts.

thanks for rubbin it in!!! slajdfla :p

yeah i know the rules of OC....RULE #1 All chips are not created equal :( :( :(

i guess at least my chip is only half defunk and not all the way lolol

yeah it took 1.5vcore to boot 370 didnt even test stability. ive just come to the conclusion i got a power hungry chip :( im just gonna run the 1.43 vcore and try and stay stay stable above 3 ghz and call it a sad face rig :(

currently workin on prime stable :/

So what you have to put a bit more voltage than others, the end goal is what counts here...good luck :beer:

is it because its a conroe? wtf do i have a conroe??? im so f'n confused right now i just noticed this :confused:

conroehl2.jpg

Back