• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another "recommend a router" thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

I have a WRT54G v3.1. For the most part it works perfectly fine, but sometimes it has serious issues with port forwarding/NAT, and sometimes it stops routing altogether. This is all random, and it's getting quite annoying. I've had it for a long time so I figure its time to upgrade. Any recommendations? (I'm also thinking about dd-wrt).

I have a WRT54G v3.1. For the most part it works perfectly fine, but sometimes it has serious issues with port forwarding/NAT, and sometimes it stops routing altogether. This is all random, and it's getting quite annoying. I've had it for a long time so I figure its time to upgrade. Any recommendations? (I'm also thinking about dd-wrt).

i suggest a cisco 877W. :santa: start saving now, might have one by xmas

i am currently using a netgear DG834G. i updated the image on it to the latest one the other week, ever since ive noticed the connection to the internet drops. i used to have port forwarding issues, and dhcp binding never works.
the new firmware is supposed to address these issues, and ive not had any strange running problems except for the drop outs. are you on the latest firmware

ps. i moved from the european firmware to the USA only firmware, it seems to run a lot better :screwy:

Back