• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Live Benching: AMD FX-6100 Bulldozer on Liquid Nitrogen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Overclockers.com has already published benchmarking results for AMD's new Bulldozer this morning in our FX-8150 review. Now, OC Forums administrator and Benching Team member I.M.O.G. will be putting the new CPU to the test. Using the latest hardware and liquid nitrogen cooling, I.M.O.G. will take Bulldozer as far as he can tonight...

Return to article to continue reading.

If you're like me, and you have no clue when 10pm EST is, I looked it up. 1 hour and 21 minutes from now!

BTW, am I the only one who loves steel reserve? :beer:
Oh great, he added an extra hour to it... 1st it was 9, now 10...
Looks like I'll just sit here like an idiot an extra hour... 3:47AM already.
I'll kill my spare time by raging at AMD (already sent a disturbing email to their 'tech support').

Oh great, he added an extra hour to it... 1st it was 9, now 10...
Looks like I'll just sit here like an idiot an extra hour... 3:47AM already.
I'll kill my spare time by raging at AMD (already sent a disturbing email to their 'tech support').

He got caught in traffic :bang head

Yuck! How do you drink that stuff? Granted half way through the second you can't taste it, but you have to get 1 and 1/2 down first

Ehhh, ATM I'm drinking for the effect, not taste. It's the the second most cost efficient way to get drunk. 1 40oz for $2.20 @ 8.1% ABV is like .. 6.7 standard beers for $2.20.

And ... malt liquor grows on you! XD It's so gross, but gives me a warm tingling feeling, that I actually like the taste. Anyways, on to tequila, brb

Ehhh, ATM I'm drinking for the effect, not taste. It's the the second most cost efficient way to get drunk. 1 40oz for $2.20 @ 8.1% ABV is like .. 6.7 standard beers for $2.20.

And ... malt liquor grows on you! XD It's so gross, but gives me a warm tingling feeling, that I actually like the taste. Anyways, on to tequila, brb

You do have a point, and malt liquor will put hair on you for sure. Tequila is better:beer:

First... :rofl: @ you drunken slobs... I despise Malt Liquor with a passion...
Only had it once in my life -> 1 x 40oz of Old English was enough for me to learn that I would rather drink antifreeze than any of that crap ever again.

130.png

And getting back on the topic of tonight's session.. I just noticed something.
huh.jpg
I did not know the CHVIE supports AM3+ CPUs. ;)

He's using the beta BIOS on Asus's website for AM3+ (Bulldozer) CPU support on the C4E.

Capture.PNG

NOTE: AM3+ is not support on the Crosshair IV Extreme

after matt having some hassle tonight trying to get his Bulldozer chip running, i finally gave in and called Asus support. they said that it is currently unsupported because it is a Beta BIOS release. i guess there word isn't worth anything on the support website :)! +1 to Asus support! :thup:

:rofl: what a joke!

To make this clear:

The Crosshair IV Extreme using Beta BIOS 3107 or standard BIOS 2002 does NOT support AM3+ CPUs. On the Asus website, it clearly states BIOS 3107 supports AM3+, however the CIVE is unable to post with an FX-6100 installed.

From what it looks like to me, Asus released that BIOS so they could claim support, but it was a false promise. Glad I already have 990FX board coming, if I was counting on the CIVE I would have $200 paper weight of a CPU until I dropped the money on a new AM3+ mobo. What crap.

So anyways, I tried to kill a 965BE instead. Gave it 2V and 1.7V on the CPU-NB, but the best it could muster was 6.8GHz in CPU-Z, but I also got some solid SP1M and PiFast runs in. A few points for our benchmarking team at least. As it wasn't enough to kill the chip, but frequency wouldn't go any higher... The 965BE lives to die another day.

I should be up and running on the FX-6100 tomorrow or Friday, whenever the Crosshair V Formula arrives. We'll put out a new notice for that, and I'll do pretesting to make sure it's ready.

Really hope its on Friday, since I have school.. Had to skip today just to watch the livestream (since it started at 5AM), but that can't happen again, my doctor is kinda pissed off at me for taking poop(censored enough?) load of notes from her.

Back