• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Support for new GPUs (such as Kepler) in the v7 FAH client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're looking at two different lists!

Badbonji, one of these is correct, I believe. If you try them one at a time, you'll find the right one - and please let me know which one IS correct.

The idea of a 680 not racing with us because of a typo, is just unbearable.

0x10de:0x0e0a:3:1:GK104 [Geforce GTX680]

0x10de:0x0e0a:3:1:GK104 [Geforce GTX 680]

0x10de:0x1180:3:1:GF114 [GeForce GTX 680]

The second one is the same as the first one EXCEPT for the space after the X (which may make a lot of difference to a computer program).

Please let me know which one works, and thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
Let me see which one is working for me... the one with the space, or without.

Edit: This one: 0x10de:0x0e0a:3:1:GK104 [Geforce GTX680]

Edit2: Did you add the "client type beta" in the GPUconfig?

Last edited:
Client type beta, eh? I'll have to remember that one!

Earthdog, can you give us a step by step on how to do that, please?

1. Get the client 'started', open the client control.
2. In teh F@HControl window (top) Click Configure.
3. In the Configure window (lower R), click on slots.
4. Select the GPU and click edit.
5. In the Folding Slot window (lower L) at bottom are slot options, click add.
6. name= "client-type" with a value of "beta". Click ok. I dont recall if you have to restart the client.

fah.jpg

:welcome: Juanni!

I agree, but Badbonji got a list that was older, so his needs an edit, and this extra parameter added so his card can fold with us in the race upcoming.

Speaking of which, are you going to be joining us for the race? Maybe longer?

If you haven't been invited yet, consider this your invitation! :D

I will check the beta client thing when back from uni, I am guessing this is the problem. I am using the URL for the list, so how am I getting the older one? Do they always use a new URL for a new list? (the URL from the first page of the thread was the one I used). It has two entries for the GTX680 :S

Yes, it has two entries - I checked it out myself. Now you know which one to keep, anyway.

Sorry you wound up as the guinea pig on this, but I have no experience with the 680 card yet.

Can you say "row, row, row"? (Such a simple word) :rofl:

Ok I added the beta part in and nothing changed at first...

I then added the text file in, removed the GTX 680 field with the space so only the one without a space was left. Now two GPUs appear in my system info list. Not sure why. It still didn't work at first - so I changed the setting of the GPU index from -1 to manually pick the GPU name without a space and it is now actually folding!

I think the beta client might have done it - the GPUs text file could have confused the program and making it pick the slot that didn't work or something. PPD of ~ 17-18K on my PC, 78% GPU usage. Is this ok (it is still slowly climbing)?

Should be in the ballpark of 20k PPD. When you say 'gpu usage' are you talking about the POWER reading in the bottom left corner of Precision? If you want GPU use, use MSI Afterburner to see it at 100%.

Ah, I thought they were synonymous. Why is a 100% GPU load with overclock resulting in a "power usage" of 78%? Is it measuring it as a percentage of TDP?

PPD is fluctuating quite a bit, guess it becomes more accurate over time - bouncing between 20.5 and 21.5K, and also currently lightly using the computer.

That is correct, its a percent of TDP in Precision.

FYI, this is my setup with both GPU and CPU(2600k) at stock. You can see when left alone its over 40k PPD with the units I grabbed. :)

So we have support for new GPUs. What kind of support does AMD 7000 series GPUs have?

I see three listing for the 7000 (which is termed Radeon, rather than AMD).
Code:
0x1002:0x008a:::Radeon 7000/Radeon
0x1002:0x00ba:::Radeon 7000/Radeon

0x1002:0x0139:::Radeon 7000/Radeon
So I'd say it's good. If the V7 client doesn't recognize the card immediately when you run the installer, just download the GPU.txt file from here: https://fah-web.stanford.edu/file-re...ublic/GPUs.txt

and put it in the same folder as the V7 client program. And restart it.

The long term goal is to have the V7 client recognize and set the gpu cards up, WITHOUT any secondary resource file like this - but that hasn't been reached just yet. Most cards are automatically detected and set up, but some need the GPU.txt file to be present.

Wingless, are you going to be racing with us in the Chimp Challenge?

I see three listing for the 7000 (which is termed Radeon, rather than AMD).
Code:
0x1002:0x008a:::Radeon 7000/Radeon
0x1002:0x00ba:::Radeon 7000/Radeon

0x1002:0x0139:::Radeon 7000/Radeon
So I'd say it's good. If the V7 client doesn't recognize the card immediately when you run the installer, just download the GPU.txt file from here: https://fah-web.stanford.edu/file-re...ublic/GPUs.txt

and put it in the same folder as the V7 client program. And restart it.

The long term goal is to have the V7 client recognize and set the gpu cards up, WITHOUT any secondary resource file like this - but that hasn't been reached just yet. Most cards are automatically detected and set up, but some need the GPU.txt file to be present.

Wingless, are you going to be racing with us in the Chimp Challenge?

Currently I just have two HD4870 GPUs, but they're now in a Core i7 2600K+Z77+16GB@2133Mhz system :D. Yea I might want to race.

PS: Your link doesn't work.

Currently I just have two HD4870 GPUs, but they're now in a Core i7 2600K+Z77+16GB@2133Mhz system :D. Yea I might want to race.

PS: Your link doesn't work.

It is being fixed atm. I always check links before I post them, if they relate to the CC race.

You should run the system without that file, at first -- many cards are already detected and handled correctly by the V7 folding client.

I'll send you a passkey for the race. You'll do well with that 2600K.

Back