• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 & 920 D0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrNip

Registered
If anyone has a DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 & 920 D0 would you mind rolling your BIOS back to the original one and let me know if your computer will post. I have this setup and don't have the updated BIOS as I don't have a C0 and can't get my computer to post to do the BIOS update. I have myself as well as others in other forums stumped on this. Just trying process of elimination and this would be my 1st setup to decide on whether it is the BIOS needing updated or the mobo needing RMA-ed. Here is the post code I am getting:

IMG_4078.jpg

My leds are lighting up on the board and I have tried my RAM in every slot from triple channel to single channel. My GPU's aren't even turning on. Any help will be greatly appreciative. Some seem to think that it is the 920 causing this as it is incompatible with the older BIOS. Some also think that the mobo needs RMA'ed.

Do you have a Microcenter or Fry's nearby where you could go and pick up a 920 C0 just to update the BIOS, then return it?

No I don't. Only thing we have in Oklahoma is a Best Buy.

I've experienced a similar type of nonsensical LED post code when I had a faulty power supply that didn't supply all the proper voltages along the 24 pin ATX connector.

This is probably not the case for you or the others on forums. Its a bit strange though as I'd expect an 88 code for a non compatible CPU.

I read on another forum this morning that D0's require a BIOS update. Like the other guy said you need to get your hands on a C0 update the BIOS and then install your D0.

I have two brand new C0's sitting in my living room. I can take that D0 off of your hands if you'd like...lol I'm just kidding...or am I?

Ahh...here it is. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100586121

I've experienced a similar type of nonsensical LED post code when I had a faulty power supply that didn't supply all the proper voltages along the 24 pin ATX connector.

This is probably not the case for you or the others on forums. Its a bit strange though as I'd expect an 88 code for a non compatible CPU.

Well that was the 1st post code I had was an 88. I reset CMOS and then I got the code in the pic.

I read on another forum this morning that D0's require a BIOS update. Like the other guy said you need to get your hands on a C0 update the BIOS and then install your D0.

I have two brand new C0's sitting in my living room. I can take that D0 off of your hands if you'd like...lol I'm just kidding...or am I?

Ahh...here it is. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100586121

Yeah that was my thread I started. I have posted this question in many of forums in hopes that someone has had similar issues or can do a test for me with their setup.

Yeah that was my thread I started. I have posted this question in many of forums in hopes that someone has had similar issues or can do a test for me with their setup.

If you need the updated BIOS but don't have a C0 to update with, you can always order a pre-programmed BIOS chip with whatever BIOS you want. It should only be about $20.
You may also have some luck posting on the DFI forums and (I think his name is RGone?) may direct you to get a pre-programmed BIOS chip from the nearest DFI service center.

If you need the updated BIOS but don't have a C0 to update with, you can always order a pre-programmed BIOS chip with whatever BIOS you want. It should only be about $20.
You may also have some luck posting on the DFI forums and (I think his name is RGone?) may direct you to get a pre-programmed BIOS chip from the nearest DFI service center.

Thanks.

@Alchemy1 - 1.45v

@eva2000 - Just now making another bootable flash drive and puttin it on there. :D

@chuck4456 - 1st was physically damaged, 2nd was dead on arrival but the 3rd worked like a charm. I was ready to quit computers altogether but luckily the 3rd one work and I purchased a golden chip! :D

Back