• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would it be better than the stock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyberwiz01

Would the stock AMD heatsink be better for cooling than the stock 9800 non pro heatsink? I hear the stock AMD heatsink isnt that great, but would it be better than the 9800 heatsink? I just got my hands on one and I was just wondering if it would gool the GPU well.

Yea, it works good for GPU/nb cooling.

Just drill holes in it, and put some rod through the heatink/card and bolt it on.

Make sure to use the plastic rods/bolts though.

About the plastics bolts, if metal bolts are used, but with a plastic washer, wil it be ok???

Should be fine with plastic washers. Though you might wanna stick some plastic/paper between the bolt and the PCB inside of the holes.

Though I doubt they'd put anything around the screw holes you might as well be safe.

yes - as long as u dont have the bolts touching the mother board - causing a possible short - it should be fine.

Back