• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My cleaned up WC'd rig. [56k warning, I went crazy with the digicam]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

Ok, I finally got done (for now) with cleaning the inside of my rig up. It took a few HOURS of work to get this as clean as it is. It is not easy to fit fit a watercooling setup in cheap (read $35 aluminum skyhawk) case.

I had to cut the 3.5in drive bay out, so there is no longer a place for my hardrive to sit. I managed to fit 2 CD drives, a bay-res, a fan controller (Sunbeam) and a 20 gig maxtor (I HATE maxtor, stupid drives fail all the time) into a midtower case with 4 5.25 drive bays. That means that there was no room for the poor HDD, so I did the logical thing, sat it on top of the rad/hoses.

I also have the pump shoved under my SB Live! 5.1 card. The pump housing is actually lifting the card up. The 120mm fan's, rad, pump, and HDD are all sitting in my case LOOSE, held in place only by gravity and a little pressure off other objects.

The 3.5in drive bays weren't the only thing that had to go, as I cut the entire front (below the 5.25 drive bays) out with my NEW dremel. Where the front 120mm Evercool fan is, there used to be a panel there for the LED's and power switches. I now have a wire coming out of the bottom of my case that is the power switch; starting the computer is as easy as touching to bare ends of wire together for a second.

Now for the watercooling specs:

D-tek WW
D-tek Pro-Core
Seltz L-30 (Outperforms the ehiem 1250 according to gruntville, more head)
1/2in Clearflex 60
1x 120mm Y.S. Tech 120+CFM fan
1x 120mm Evercool Aluminum fan
1x Sunbeam Rheobus
D-tek Supercool water additive
10x hose clamps

All of this cost approx. $230 w/ shipping

What I want:

Second Heater Core
3rd 120mm fan as there is only a little 80mm bringing air into the case.
NB block
Mosfet block
9800 block (When I get a 9800)
Iwaki pump
Full tower case

Setting up the water-cooling was remarkably easy. I installed the bolts on my mobo (never had to remove as I cut a hole in my mobo tray), installed the fan and shround on the pro-core, test fitted the pump, installed the bay-res, measured and cut the hose, installed the hose, then installed the WW.Filled and bled the system. I the leak tested everything and booted the machine up.

Well, here's the finished product:

IM003389s.JPG

IM003394s.JPG

IM003402.JPG

IM003408.JPG

IM003404.JPG

Not too bad for a 14yr old is it?

Last edited:
For the love of all that's holy, please resize your top two photos... they're huge! Otherwise, it looks good, though the two 90° fittings on the res are a bit of a compromise.

Ok, I'll resize those photo's later. The 90 degree fittings are a bit of a compromise, but I don't have anything else to use.

the speed of the two "mismatched" 120's is ajustable. That way I can turn the evercool's speed up to match the output of the Y.S. Tech. This works 'cause I never really run the fan's at full speed.

I like my bay-res. It makes it easy to bleed the system. I know, it kills the flow rate. But really, how much better would my temps be without the bay-res?

Anyways, thanks for the compliments guys. :D

BTW, right now I'm running @1900mhz @ 1.5v. When I don't need the speed, I "declock" my CPU. That way it'll last longer. Right now my temps are ambient: 20c, load 24.5c. That's none too bad. Fans are also at about 1/3 of normal power.

Hope mine doesn't start leaking :eek: Anyways, It does look awesome with my Blue CC and Blue UV dies with 4 UV lights turned on :D

Having the fans blow into the case would be a good idea, that way you are blowing cooler room temp air thru the radiator and not warmer inside case temp air thru the radiator. Also, the way you have it set up now, you are probably pulling a slight vacuum (negative pressure) inside your case with the 120mm radiator fans blowing out of the case and only 1 80mm fan blowing into the case.

Back