• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know... if this isn't a hoax....

This is the most bizarre 'mash-up' of 2 disparate universes ever. Of course I'm gonna buy it, even if it sucks. Who DOESN'T want to see Sub-Zero take on Batman or Lui Kang vs. Superman?

No fatalities.... I always thought Marvel VS Capcom/Streetfighter was stupid because how the hell are you going to tell me that Ryu defeats Iron Man or than Mega Man defeats Wolverine.... This is equally stupid.

LOL i saw previews, it looked interesting.
I'm upset subzero won't get to rip off batman's head and toss it at his body and watch it shatter tho :(

Also what is siperman suppose to do when scorpion rams a spear into his chest?
I bet he will feel like a jerk. hah

I'd just like to reiterate what Fudge said: No Fatalities. I repeat: NO FATALITIES!

How is it even a Mortal Kombat game if there are no fatalities?! I mean, sure, it's not exactly cannonical for Baraka to slice Superman into a million juicy pieces, but come on! This is just another sad attempt by Midway to squeeze the last fetid drops of relevancy out of a long dead franchise, and coming up short.

This is not going to be awesome like Marvel vs. Capcom or something. It's going to be a travesty. When was the last time Mortal Kombat was even relevant? Like, 1998?

Yeah, ten years ago just called, they want their franchise back.

Keep it down... Rainman might hear you. Hehehehehe.

He's wrong: It was OVER ten years ago: Mortal Kombat 2. (Boy if I could have that decade back...)

They should've stopped then. They knew they'd never be able to make anything better and they never did (same with Samurai Shodown 2 in my opinion.)

I have a soft spot for Batman, but I hate the ENTIRETY of the rest of the DC universe. It's like "What if they made a comic book company specifically for yuppies and elitist jack-offs?" It's like soft-core adult films. I do like all the times Batman fought Superman though... there's something TRULY scary about the idea of a regular guy going up against an invincible man from another planet. (It's sort of like Captain America going up against Gladiator).

Wonderwoman, Aquaman, and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll the rest (ESPECIALLY Superman) can BITE ME.

(I might just pick this game up to destroy the whole DC universe over and over again with Scorpion... I hate them THAT... MUCH.)

Oh, snap. You're right. MKII came out in Nineteen-Ninety-FREAKING-Three! That makes it 15 years old!

Good LORD do I feel old now . . . . Holy crap am I old . . .

And Aquaman. Worst. Superhero. EVER! He can talk to fish. Woo-freakity-hoo. What an awesome super power. Wow. Hold me back. At least Batman is a friggin' NINJA!

Guys... the only thing that would make this better is if they would instead announce Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter.

I'd geek-gasm for days.

I dunno...it seems like it could be alright, the mash up is totally bizzare but if the gameplay is on it could be fun. Marvel vs. capcom was awesome....comic book geek arguments aside if it's a fun fighter it could be good. Although Mortal Kombats haven't been able to push out anything above a lukewarm review since they went 3D. Your right MK2 those were the days....NBA Jam was out at the same time....back then Midway was king....but now LOL

Oh come on... the real hit would be:

"Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct" !

Two of the best "finish move" fighter genres of the time. I would be in the store with cash in hand the day it released! :D

Two of the best "finish move" fighter genres of the time. I would be in the store with cash in hand the day it released! :D

I think the essential, as Oni pointed out, is that Midway CAN'T GET IT DONE anymore with Mortal Kombat. I've been playing Mortal Kombat II every... damned... day... since I got my PS3, and it's just perfect. Absolutely, completely, and totally perfect. Which had to be intimidating to them. Which is why they introduced the "run" button and killerinstict wanna-be combos in mortal kombat 3 (which I haaaaaaaated... then they kept remaking it! Ultimate Mortal Kombat! Mortal Kombat Trilogy! Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy!)

I think their good programmers must've moved on after part 2, because they certainly got out of the Mortal Kombat business.

Guys... the only thing that would make this better is if they would instead announce Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter.

I'd geek-gasm for days.

The problem with this, like with MK v. DC, is fatalities. Either you add fatalities to the Street Fighter franchise, or you remove them from Mortal Kombat. Either way, you end up bastardizing one franchise and making a genuinely un-playable, non-canonical mess. Sorry, I don't want Street Fighter to have fatalities, just like I don't want Mortal Kombat to NOT have them.

MK v. KI would be interesting, but still rather non-canon in the long run. The universes just don't mash up well. I'm not saying it would be bad, 'cause on a basic level they have a lot of similar game mechanics, but you also have to remember that KI pretty much invented the combo building fighting system we all know today, with openers, linkers, and enders, not to mention breakers (c-c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!), and while MK tried this, it kinda fell on it's face.

Back