• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything try the latest Guiminer its pretty easy to use and tweak actually easier then CGminer

i was using Guiminer but when my guild changed some thing it stopped working so i have to use CGminer

If you were using GUI miner why isn't cgminer working now thats really weird the only thing I can think of is the clocks. Do you look at gpuz when your card is mining are they at the proper clocks ?

no Cgminer is working IF i install AMD APP SDK runtime with the drivers but i still get 192-204 mh/s and the AMD APP SDK runtime seem to uninstall SDK 2.1
heres a pic of my card mining
ScreenShot003-5.jpg

EDIT and GUIminer was giving me 192 also
and does mining use core clock? because mine staying at 500

Hmmm that's definitely your problem

I have no idea why it would do that though. Have you tried using Afterburner or something to give it a tiny overclock just to see if it can get those clocks to stick.

MSI afterburner is open and set to 800mhz even MSI afterburn says it at 500mhz im going to try a game and see if it goes above 500mhz

I am thinking its a driver issue they most likely need to be taken off with driver cleaner and reinstalled. Try the game and see how that works.

SDK's are nearly impossible to take back in time, so to speak. So if you had 2.1 installed, then installed the 12.3 drivers, it will have installed SDK 2.6 (the latest). When you uninstalled the SDK, or so it says, then when you tried to reinstall 2.1, it didn't actually reinstall OpenCl. I have spent about a billion hours with my mining rig trying to get it back to 2.1 from 2.5 and it's just not going to happen without a fresh install, and even then I get errors. So I said screw it, I'm mining with 11.7 and SDK 2.5.

Ps. I was on the wrong page, now that I see your speed issue, use CGminer to change the gpu speeds: Click anywhere on the CGminer window, enter "g," enter "c," enter "0," and then press "e." After that, key in your desired clock speed and press enter (if it prompts about the speed being high, just press y (for yes)).

So... he takes a 2% cut for himself and manages a pool so people get coins faster?

Wouldn't you average the same on your own over time and not loose a cut?

Also that remember he is making 1BTC per block found by the pool. At approx. 1300ghash/sec, his pool should be finding... [computing]... roughly 18 blocks per day. In order to mine the equivalent of that by himself, he would be paying insane amounts for electricity, and at that point, I would seriously doubt how worth it, it would be.

But making 18BTC/day for "running" the pool sounds damn good to me. ;)

Did anyone else have bitcoins or money in bitcoinica?
I don't know if it will ever come back. I had 2.5btc on there though. I am sure there are people that lost much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back