• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim and their customer service-Do not buy if you can help it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Uncivil

Registered
I purchased an Eheim pump based off the reccomendations of the forum users on this board as being a good quality unit. I looked locally and all the shops around here did not carry them primairly because they were difficult to deal with. Well I went ahead and got one. When I plugged it up for the first it made a bit of a racket and stopped pumping water. I tapped it I shook it thinking it was an air bubble. Come to find out it was a broken impeller rod. I contacted Eheim about it thinking they would stand behind their product. No luck here guys!! They pushed it back onto the reseller performance-pcs.com saying thay it was probably modified in some manner and it was the reseller's responsibility. I find this very upsetting that a manufacture would have this type of attitude especially to a customer. Eheim claims that their product is made ONLY for aquariums any other use would void warranty. Not that it says anything like that anywhere on their website. Learn the hard way guys. Find a manufacture that stands behind their product EHEIM DOESNT.

sorry u had that experience..........i still like there pumps tho.....

does this belong in the vendor discussion..........

I placed it here as they are the manufacture and not the vendor. Plus I would like to reach the WC community specifically. Like the old addage goes its days to gain a customer seconds to lose one. The real issue with me was that they automatically made assumptions that it was modified in some fashion. Did not take the time to ask questions or anything.

Soong said:
I would have called back and lied to the next operator about it's use.

That contradicts any legitimating gripe the user has, and any claims amongst honest users.

Perfromance-pc is a good vendor. I have had issue with an order prior while using them. It was dealt with in a very timely manner(10AM the day I sent the issue via Email). See if the vendor will hook you up. They run a good shop there. He is a good guy, so is his staff.

I also have had very good experiences with performance-pcs. I would give them a call. I'm sure they would make it right. It sure does stink however at Eheim's response.

If you bought the pump from perfromance-pcs why didn't you contact them first?
Ehiem doesn't know you from Adam and has no incentive whatsoever to deal with your problem. For all they know, you bought this item used and are just looking for a freebie.

Its not always whats said but what is not said. Eheim never makes a single mention towards the use of their pumps for anything but an aquarium.
And from your description it sounds like it was not primed when it was first pluged in... Eheim won't cover that.

Thats funny whenever I have needed something from eheim they have alwats been helpful.

Personally the only companies I know that allow you to missuse there products and claim warrenty on them are craftsman hand tools and snap on.

if the pump is broke send it back to the vendor simplest solution.

Everyone is going to have their good and bad experiences. The reason I deal with the manufacture vs the retailer is simple in this case. Typically the manufacture is more willing if rectify a problem quickly. Take that 6 month old hard drive back to whatever PC store ya bought it. They tell you its the manufactures responsibility most of the time. Quickest response is typically direct from the source. I have no gripes with Performance PC's its not that they can tell somethings faulty when they send it out. I honestly didint think it would be of any issue. I figured Eheim would ask for proof of purchase (reciept, barcode) and ship out a rew rod. Also performance PC's doesnt carry the rods either why have them ship me a totaly new pump when its an easily serviceable part. This also does not excuse the fact they made assumptions w/o asking any sort of questions to trouble shoot if it was manufacture or user error. That junk about them talking about aquariums in their website doesnt hold with me. I can understand if we are pumping gasoline or oil through them. Umm guys its water regardless if its in my computer or fish tank. Wanna know something else? I dont keep rocks in my cooling loop either but I do in my fish tank. That has more damage potential I would think.

Back