• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ Cannot boot-Dead Bios Chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

8rda+ Cannot boot-Dead Bios Chip?
I was trying to change the multipliers and then now it wont boot, I never even get to the screen to change bios options, it asks for an awardflash.exe and when I put the floppy with a bios bin and flash program its all like an ambulance constantly....it wont even attempt to flsh the bios. If I remove the floppy it repowers and continues in circles.....please help. Is my chip dead, if so I am very unhappy with such a fragile bios from Epox, all I did was try to change the multipliers. Even using the CMOS jumper which I have done countless times on this board does not help. The hold down INSERT key whilst tappind DELETE key doe s not work

:mad:

get a new bios chip...my bros 8k5a2+ bios chip died, you can order a new one from epox, and they flash it with the newest bios for you..its like $15

I was lucky:cool: :cool: , I downloaded the exact bios I had before, extracted the bin as well as aflash.exe program, now it goes. The problem was that I just gave it the original bios and it didnt like it, I was kind of stupid to do that.....So I guess for anyone who might have this problem in future make sure you load the bios version you last flashed with and it will be okay........man oh man! what a relief.

Last edited:
Back