• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

–forceasm 100% boost?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

Okay,

I have added the –forceasm to my main folding box.

This is currently an KT7A-Raid with 1700+ clocked to 2000+

Runs 100% stable. I appear to be getting through 2 WU a day instead of one!!! - happy puppy.

Still going to be a while for the other pc to come on line but I am creeping up the ladder.

Oh found the link to the more detailed rainbow stats site:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_members.php?TeamID=32

Did I not see this link in any sticky - did I miss it - I found it when I got curious about the geen yellow etc that people were mentioning.

Great for keeping interest going - a little more competition will result in more wu's for the cause so can't be bad.

Shaun

Last edited:
Yeah, forceasm can give you a really big boost. Everyone should use it on newer SSE machines.

Glad to see you enjoying folding :)

But the forceasm flag will only give 3DNow boost if you are using the 3.24 client, you need the 3.25 beta client to get SSE boost with AMD CPU's.

does this do anything with a intel cpu?

will it just make it worse or will it be better or is it something else I need to do for an intel p4?

Drizzit said:
does this do anything with a intel cpu?

will it just make it worse or will it be better or is it something else I need to do for an intel p4?
No Intels are not in need of beta 3.25. All Intels will get SSE boost with the 3.24 and the -forceasm flag set.

With the three computers you listed in the other thread

amd 1700+@2400Mhz
amd 1800+@1533Mhz
p4 2,2 @ 2,2

turning on -advmethods and -forceasm (only turn forceasm on if you are certain that your machine is stable) may give you a boost. Gromacs are public now, so you will get them either way, but turning the flags on may increase your chances of getting some of the more lucrative units.

ok.... atm I got those flags set on all 3 comps and they are all stable....
but I got a 70p tinker at the intel machine... its not saying anything about sse boost though...

You won't get an SSE boost on tinkers. It's just comes down to what's available as far as getting gromacs over tinkers, but it all goes toward the project.

Back