• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a 9700p power a 2005FPW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Specificaly for HL2...don't care about eye candy.
I jumped on the deal and got it for 530 shipped (checkout cyber deals for more info).
Just kinda curious what framerates I'd be getting...so if anyone playes HL2 and has a 9700 or 9800 let me know how it runs.

Aaron

Well the thing is this monitor runs 1600x1050 (pretty sure it's that...or very close). Right now I have default settings at 1280x1024 and it works fine, but 1600x1050 is a decent step up.

Gnerma said:
What the heck is a 2005FPW and what does it have to do with your question?

Anyway, HL2 runs really good on R300 hardware.

Not at 1600x1050.

I think its time to dump a couple of bucks into a better video card. That or run it windowed at 1280x1024.

Gnerma said:
So you spead a half grand on a high class LCD but you don't care about eye candy?

Sometimes a game is about game play, not how good it looks.

Id also venture to guess that gaming is not all that he does on his computer.

Resolution on the 2005FPW is 1680 x 1050 and you MIGHT be okay. It's gonna be close though. I would certainly try it and see what happens before I decide that I need a new video card - although you are probably going to want one.

Back