• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

WAR is comming and there is a BETA going on this weekend that I'm looking forward to (got my invite woot!). There will be another beta shortly after that and then we go live September 18th... 1,000,000 people are signed up to try to get into the BETA already and the word is that there will probably be 1.5million - 2million people subscribed the 1st week. These number crush WoW and at least for me and my guild, over 80% of the people I know that are or have played WoW will be going to WAR Hammer Online as their main time sink.

It would be nice to get as many of us on OCforums to be in the same server so I'll at least post what server I'll be on w/ my guild. We will be chosing a 2nd or 3rd line up server so that there are no wait times to get in and better stability, plus less nubbins that don't have the patience or organization to wait for a stable server.

I upgraded my system just for this game but the system requirements to just play the game are actually fairly low, so for those able to play WoW they will have no trouble playing WAR.

Peace and Hair Grease!

I have already disposed of my wow account passed go and collected my $200 as I wait for this game to come out. I don't have the beta key though I am wondering if it's worth pre-ordering or note simply to get into the beta on the 7th of september or waiting it out till the 18th, a head start doesnt really bother me as I am used to power leveling and grinding though I am actually thinking of taking it smooth for this game and not pushing the level cap asap.

which may mean... expect me on a OCforum guild if one comes out for WAR.

- Goblin Shaman -

In other news, if your numbers are right I hope they learn't something from blizzards mistake when it came to massive waves of people wanting to play and totally obiverating there servers and forcing them to do massive hardware upgrades within the following weeks from launch because that is not cool... Almost makes me want to wait, pre order just seemed a whole lot less interesting now that I think about it.

They claim to be more than ready for the huge onslaught of nubmers. They have been upgrading and pushing the date back for the last year almost partly because of this reason, and of course to polish the game up. They wanted it coming out guns blazing, not shooting blanks and from what I hear from my friends in the closed beta, the game is solid as a rock.

I'm not sure if there will be an OCforums guild but everyone here that wants to run together are welcome to join up w/ my group and I as we have Ventrillo and our average age is about 30. Send me a PM or just post here if you want the guild website and ventrillo info. Some are rocking it up in the BETA right now and have given us a lot of good info since the NDA is lifted.

I still don't know if I will get it, getting mixed reactions from people. Have yet to hear anyone say "OMFG GET THIS GAME IT IS AWESOME", so I'm definetly not pre-ordering; will probably wait until it comes out and forum dwellers share their opinions.
One thing that turns me off already is that the capacity to inflict damage/survive as an lonewolf if relatively low compared to WoW. Can't really go on the killing sprees it seems. I really liked that, it's fun feeling god-like :(
I want to run into a horde of enemies while swinging my heavy 2h axe and mutilate some cloth wearers and have huge critical hits, is that possible in War?

I subscribed for the beta back in fall 2007 but forgot to send in my dxdiag and only sent it in March 2008, still no invite :(

Last edited:
It's good to hear that things are rock solid, graphics aren't much of an issue for me as long as they provide a good game play, I know that has been an issue for some players who are use the more cartoon like figures.

as for:

One thing that turns me off already is that the capacity to inflict damage/survive as an lonewolf if relatively low compared to WoW

I don't mind that, I know that once I have found an efficient kill group that nothing stands in our way and that we will be able to stomp on anything that cross's our path. In wow I was a healer (like 90% of mmo's befor that) and my brother was the tank (like 90% befor wow) we just used to play on the same team and being two experienced players it was easy to achieve our goals.

we had the kiddies point and shoot, thats all they had to do. dump as much dps into the mob as possible and move once in a while to avoid something.

I'll think about the the pre-order :D

. In wow I was a healer (like 90% of mmo's befor that) and my brother was the tank (like 90% befor wow) we just used to play on the same team and being two experienced players it was easy to achieve our goals.
I envy that :( even in a guild, it's hard to find someone to work with you
I've never played with someone I know in rl, must be fun. I tried to get my friends involved but I don't have enough nerdy friends lol.

It was great and I am hoping to do the same in warhammer though I dont know if its possible, I work in I.T. my brother works as a cook in a kitch... the diffrence? I work 8 hours, he works 14 and that means we may play once or twice a week

Yah being a cook is rough I have a relative who is a chief and the hours he works is insane.
I like coming into work at 10:00 and leaving at 4:00.
I guess being a Software Engineer pays off :p

I don't think it matters how bad Warhammer is going to suck, a ton of people with play it.
Its an escape for something a little different for all the WoW addicts.

Sweet count me in. will need a thread with server names and Guild names. been waiting a long time for this since quiting wow. Poor old dusty lvl 70 priest and lvl 70 druid :(

hope the guild is for the Destruction side. cant wait to be a dark caster, mayb a healer shadow priests were great fun tho so was tanking ohh the choices!!!

There's a reason not many beta testers are rabidly in love in Warhammer online.

I'm in the beta, and absolutely love it....Can't friggin wait for the game to go live so I can get my real character going(since of course the beta charcs. are going to get wiped, so im really just trying all classes to see what I want to play).

And BTW, theres a reason its in beta, because ITS STILL NOT FINISHED. The game were playing is not the final release. There are still a few kinks here and there, but thats what the beta is for. Most beta testers know this. I guarantee over 90% of the beta testers are going to buy the game. Game has so much potential, and to be honest, this is going to be one of the most polished MMO releases...

Just hope the servers hold up when it goes live. I have the CE preorder, so I get to start before everyone else :beer:
Get ready for WAR

Ill be on destruction side with my brother and some other friends. Looks like im going for the Sorceress...love the class so far in beta, she owns. I'm always topping the damage charts.

Ill be rolling destruction side squigg herder. But I am not pre-ordering. I am going to wait around amonth.

mainly because, no matter how prepared they are, MMO releases are never perfect. and look at AoC, so much potential down the drain. I am more confident about war online than AoC though

and secondly waiting till I have built a new PC so I can enjoythe game as its meant to be played :) hehe (on my 40" TV :p :))

If o/c forum members are rolling on a specific server Im definatly up for joining people there, always good to know a bunch of mature players to play with :)

I have a couple friends who have played the beta.

I havn't watched them play yet, but they have told me that since playing the beta, they can't play WoW anymore at all. They keep telling me that it's better than WoW in almost every way ( that they can think of ).

This is coming from two guys who play WoW every second they get. One would cancel any possibilities for plans to do stuff, if there is a raid going on. " Want to play D&D Saturday night? " "Sorry man, I have a raid saturday night, and another one during the day on sunday " ARGGGG!!!

I'll check out the beta at their house, and get a feel for how it looks. Dunno if i'll join yet. All depends on what i see.

After 4 hours 51 minutes in the beta this weekend I am SOLD! This game is one of the better MMO's I have ever played. Even for being in BETA it's pretty solid and heck of a lot of fun. Kraka Drak is the server that many of us are on.

After the game goes live, I'll post a suggested server for OCForums peeps which will be one of the 2nd or 3rd line of servers to go live so that there won't be wait times for people to log in over the 1st few months the game goes live.

What side is the OCFguild planing to play? man i hope its destruction. i wanna be an greenskin sharman or dark elf deciple of khane!

Would really like to play with a bunch of you guys get to know you all a bit better.

Back