• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! i just shocked the sh*t out of my...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i helped a guy who lost 2 fingers that got caught in a machine last week. it was a pretty clean cut and he didnt even want to go to the hospital, He said and I quote " Hell thier gone, whats a doctor gonna do give me a band-aid?"

Hex

p.s. about the clean cut detached fingers, they fell in a molten pot of lead and have yet to be recovered. so there was no hope of reattching them

Hexnan said:
i helped a guy who lost 2 fingers that got caught in a machine last week. it was a pretty clean cut and he didnt even want to go to the hospital, He said and I quote " Hell thier gone, whats a doctor gonna do give me a band-aid?"

Hex

p.s. about the clean cut detached fingers, they fell in a molten pot of lead and have yet to be recovered. so there was no hope of reattching them

That sux0rs...

Hexnan said:
<snip>
He said and I quote " Hell thier gone, whats a doctor gonna do give me a band-aid?"
</snip>

If his hand gets an infection and it gets pretty bad... they will have to take his hand and perhaps more... Don't know if gang-green (spelling?) could take effect there, but if it did, then there would be serious problems!

Also, extreme bleeding might happen, that can be an issue a doctor can solve. Another thing, a doctor could, perhaps, come up with some sort of artifical extensions to his now shorter fingers.

Best to go to a doctor just to make sure nothing can be done and also to make sure things don't get worse. Just my 2 cents (although they aren't too worthwhile here).

I guess i should have finished that story, there was an ambulance en route when he said that. He did go to the doctor because without a doctors write up of what happened he wouldnt have gotten his workmens comp check.

Hex

my daddy is a electric technician and he works on tvs all day :)

wait im scared for him now :eek:

lets just say his ring on his finger has caused a couple of shocks

(it connected thingys)

when hes working ona tv I don't think he discahrges it he just is really careful

yea rings will do that

at one of my old jobs they would make you wrap it with medical tape for the day if you were wearing it to avoid it bridging things

my freind in the navy said they have a big poster or

a ring

a hand with the skin from the ring finger missing

and the skin

and the words " I promise ill never take it off hunny"
underneath

apprenly the guy was jumping out of a helicopter or smoething and the ring caught on the door hinge and peeled his finger like a banana and its a regular accurance

Crash893 said:
yea rings will do that

at one of my old jobs they would make you wrap it with medical tape for the day if you were wearing it to avoid it bridging things

a ring

and the skin

underneath

apprenly the guy was jumping out of a helicopter or smoething and the ring caught on the door hinge and peeled his finger like a banana and its a regular accurance

They have posters in our hanger of the same thing. It's defenitly a really good idea not to wear anything on your person when working around any kind of machine tool. It's to easy to just take it don't worry about your princibles save your limbs:eek:

I can't believe I just read all 5 pages of this thread. But what is even harder for me to believe is that last summer I painted my 19" CRT and didn't know the dangers :'( Nothing happened but now I'm not sure whether I'll ever paint a monitor again :rolleyes: I think before I do the next monitor I'll make a visit here to ask the precautions. I do not want to lose any limbs.....and that about heart exploding and skin melting.......*shudders*

Well looks like I've been edified. Time for bed :)

Crash893 said:
yea rings will do that

a ring

and the skin

underneath

Hahaha, I'm in the Navy, and working in a Safety office, and I am looking at that poster as I'm typing this. The exact words are
"Honey, I told you I'd never take my ring off..." and it is a nasty pic. The skin (with fingernail still attached) from the guys finger is sitting on a piece of gauze right next to his hand with all the flesh ripped away from the bone, and the twisted remains of the ring is sitting next to the gauze pad. The only strange thing about the poster is that it's his right hand, and it's his middle finger. :rolleyes:

Back