• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 10 with slow performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opticol

Long time lurker here.....and I've finally brought myself to actually post.

I decided to look up equivalent performance of a RAID10 with 4 WD Black drives. Turns out I think something might be up with my setup:

this is the "File Benchmark" in HD Tune Pro 4.6

As you can see it clearly levels off just under 150MB/s - and this is consistent with several benchmarks I have run in different applications. Considering I have 4 drives I would hope it would be substantially faster than this.

I'm using the RAID controller on my MSI P55-GD65 motherboard. I figured I would get a performance hit but this seems rather drastic. It's my first go-around with a RAID array so all the boogeymen related to "Will I lose data if I update drivers/BIOS" have kinda paralyzed me from tinkering with it. I was hoping someone that has experience with this might be able to guide me toward a solution. Thanks in advance for any help people can offer. Much much much appreciated.

Back