• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do I want - sell me an LCD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I absolutely love my IBM P275, it has served me well for a (fairly) long time. Until a few days ago, I really couldn't imagine using another screen - but I'm going to be in Miami this summer, with limited space, and I dunno if I can bring it with me. Other than that... since I've never really cared for LCDs, I havn't done much research into them.

That said, the bigger the better, as long as it isn't deep. A friend got an LG L226, and I wasn't too impressed, I assume it's a TN screen? Anyway, absolute lowest response time isn't my top priority, but rather, a good picture.

Suggestions?

I read somewhere they are the same panel, but the Samesung tends to have better color reproduction.

Yuriman said:
Been doing a bit of reading, am I mistaken in believing this is an S-IPS panel?

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/commercial_lcd monitors_wide screen_L245WP-BN.jhtml

Reviews seem to like the BenQ FP241W, might it be the best 24" in that pricerange?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014124

That LG-L245WP is a P-MVA panel. Still a good display though. Your link was broken for me.

The BenQ is substandard compared to the Dell 2407WFP IMO. Seen them both and the BenQ's pictrure is really washed out compared to the Dell.

Well, I read review after review, claiming the BenQ was better thank the Dell. Had a hard time deciding, until I found a BenQ on sale for $430. Case closed. :)

I also heard that the benq was better then the dell but I have never seen it in person.

Yuriman said:
Well, I read review after review, claiming the BenQ was better thank the Dell. Had a hard time deciding, until I found a BenQ on sale for $430. Case closed. :)

Ya it's that cheap cause it's not as good as the Dell. Seen them both on dedicated machines. After calibrating colours etc... the BenQ looks like somebody cranked the brightness and lowered the contrast or covered the screen in a thin white film. Bleck...

IMO You get what you pay for.

Thund3rball said:
Ya it's that cheap cause it's not as good as the Dell. Seen them both on dedicated machines. After calibrating colours etc... the BenQ looks like somebody cranked the brightness and lowered the contrast or covered the screen in a thin white film. Bleck...

IMO You get what you pay for.

I played around with the image settings a bit - brightness waaay down, contrast up a tad, image had a slight red tint to start with so I ended up balancing the color at 50/51/52 (RGB), and it looks fantastic. This is the first time I've actually been impressed by an LCD. Backlighting is perfectly even, no dead or stuck pixels. Maybe the one you saw was a dud?

Yuriman Where have you been!

YOu better not get rid of that monitor .

Anyway, how does it compare to your P275, i thought you swore an oath not to go lcd =(.

Side by side pics!

:)sn: I shall find you in vent soon :sn:

Oh YGPM =P.

I think they have two revisions of that benq monitor. The first one has a nice S-PVA panel where as the newer ones have the lower bined A-PVA panel. The price has also drastically dropped on this monitor leading me to believe that benq switched to the A-PVA panel to compete price wise with Dell. However the A-PVA panel should be noticeable leading Thund3rball to come to the side by side conclusions that he did. Since Yuriman got a refurb it could be either panel and he prob just lucked out and got the S-PVA version.

Sorry no side by side pics with the Dell and BenQ, never thought I'd need something like that back then :p

BossBorot is on to something. I pobably had an A-PVA cause I can honestly say it was very lack luster. Glad Yuriman ended up with a goodie though :thup:

Back