• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which heatsink for silent/overclocked Tualatin 1100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rootdown

Registered
Yo all,

I know this is pretty retro by now but I got my hands on an Abit ST6 mobo and i'm looking to overclock a Tualatin 1100 on it. I am not looking for the highest oc here but i want to hit at least FSB 133 and keep the computer close to silent (my current rig is silent, i only hear the HDDs). Which heatsink would fit the bill?
Thanks in advance.

OC Heatsink Testing

It's clear from the above that Thermalright is the best way to go. I'd recommend an SK-7 for best value, but you might want to pay more for something a little bit better. Anything Socket A will work as long as it mounts with a clip and not through the holes.

Thanks Mateo. Doing research on the side, i came up with pretty much the same conlusion as you but I'll go with a SLK-800. I should have plenty of head room to have a cool, silent an overclocked system.
Thanks again and sorry to bther the forum, should have done more research before asking.

This will cool your Celeron at 133fsb and it is quiet. I have one of these on a 1.2 Celeron running at 133fsb at 1.60V, the highest load temp is 46C.

Yeah, I should've chipped in that I once had an SK7 on a 1.2 Celly @ 1.5-1.6 with a mere Sunon 39 CFM fan with very good temps, altho I don't remember the exact details. Tuallies are ridiculously easy to cool :).

sandman001 said:
If you want quiet get a zalman 7000 series cooler of your choosing.

I can't because the 7000 series mounts through holes in the motherboard which are not a feature of my Abit ST6 board. Good choice though.

sandman001 said:
Ahh...my bad. I saw it worked for socket A, so I just assumed. Sorry.
No worries. I've made that assumption quite often today reading reviews while looking for the perfect HS. It's too bad (but understandable) old S370 coolers are hard to come by.

Back