• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attention X-Fi Xtreme Music owners!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdameron

I'm not sure how long this has been out, but it can't be too long.

Creative now allows you to buy the front panel that comes with the Platinum and up x-fi's. You can buy it here:

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=16&product=14659&nav=features

All I can say is FINALLY!!!

I bought mine pretty quickly after they came out, only to find out a few months ago that a front panel thing would be REALLY handy. Also found that a front panel is near impossible to find and couldn't be purchased alone (at the time). Well now they do! (wonder if all my bitchy emails helped expedite anything :D)

$79 bucks... cheaper to buy the platinum outright, but if you already have the XM, might as well.

Basically that front panel that comes with the platinum is all it is...

basically you can hook things up easier, not to mention have real digital stuff.

Headsets and cans are really easy to hook up now. i'll buy one later this summer. I was stoked when i saw this last night.

Sorry to go off topic, but is there a way to hook up the Xtreme Music to optical out within the case? I know the I/O panel has it but it's outside the case.

Thanks!
-GearShift3r

GearShift3r said:
Sorry to go off topic, but is there a way to hook up the Xtreme Music to optical out within the case? I know the I/O panel has it but it's outside the case.

Thanks!
-GearShift3r

No.

Yes and I would reccomend this to all xtrememusic owners..the front bay makes everything and the world better. I went from xtrememusic to a xfi platinum just to get it and do not regret it

seer33 said:
No.

Yes and I would reccomend this to all xtrememusic owners..the front bay makes everything and the world better. I went from xtrememusic to a xfi platinum just to get it and do not regret it

Just debating getting the Extreme Music or Platinum, is it not possible to hook the soundcard up to ports you already have the the front of your case? eg. I have a lineout (green, thought it was a headphone port but the speakers keep playing even when headphones are plugged in) and Mic (Pink) port on the front panel of my Stacker. These are the only ports I can see myself using on the front, so what else is the benefit of the front panel? Would you say the remote is worth ponying up the cash for?

Digital connections are the biggest thing. Both in and out. Makes life so much easier.

Also, the various inputs are useful for a person like me who has a few musical instruments I like to have connnected to my PC.

Back