• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Modtek wireless black/led keyboard at Xoxide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

Hi loves! Question... This keyboard looks freaking RAD. but I'm worried about input lag during gaming. Anyone have feedback? This thing is gorgeous, and attractively priced (vs. most of the $100 keyboards out there) back in my day keyboards were $5! I would buy based on looks alone but I'm a freaking gamer over here.... help! :shrug::shock::shrug:

yhst-39083765508394_2226_56164954

http://www.xoxide.com/modtek-24gwireless-bluebacklitkeyboard.html

i wouldn't worry about input lag these days the wireless technology has come a long way and lag is practically non existent.

the only reason there is not more wireless gaming keyboards is most serious gamers down want to worry about radio interference and batter loss during game play and im sure there are still some older gamers who would still think input lag would be an issue,
most company's just dont make them as they dont think they will sell well, i have a feeling that will change fairly soon.

i have been using a MX5500 for about two years now and wouldn't trade it for any wired keypad out there and i game daily.

no problem:) i might actually order one myself if yours works out good for you i could use a new keyboard for one of my spare pc's=)

The difference I find in keyboards is that your mechanical keyboards cost way more as opposed to rubber domed keys on cheaper models that range between $5-50. The look is not so much important as the function with most gamers, who prefer mechanical keyboards with cherry MX switches.

the newer 2.4 ghz stuff is supposedly faster then Bluetooth 3 not sure how Bluetooth 4 compares.

What are everyones thoughts on BLUETOOTH vs. 2.4ghz RF?? :grouphug:

I've tried both and IMO the 2.4 is superior to bluetooth in many ways. I've had less missed keystrokes, less lag, etc on 2.4. I know there is always the possibility of interference with other 2.4GHz devices (such as wireless networking) but I've never had a problem with it. The key of course is to make sure you get a quality keyboard regardless of which you buy...and price doesn't always matter. My current $27 keyboard far outperforms my previous $80 one. lol

I've tried both and IMO the 2.4 is superior to bluetooth in many ways. I've had less missed keystrokes, less lag, etc on 2.4. I know there is always the possibility of interference with other 2.4GHz devices (such as wireless networking) but I've never had a problem with it. The key of course is to make sure you get a quality keyboard regardless of which you buy...and price doesn't always matter. My current $27 keyboard far outperforms my previous $80 one. lol

WOW. thank you for the feedback! I'm so surprised we've had wireless mice for all these years and the industry hasn't gotten into wireless keyboards w/ usb rechargable lithium batteries until now.. (aside from Logitech, which was really the ONLY manufacturer that put engineering focus into wireless keyboards).

This keyboard is a cheap pile of garbage... I'm contemplating sending it back or not. Just picked up a NICE MW3 logitech keyboard on newegg for only $45!!

yea if its junk send it back for sure, you get what you pay for i guess=( logitech has always been great for me so far good luck with the new one=)

Back