• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Please!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobius1

I was in the process of re sizing the data on my hard drive when it stopped 1/2 way through, and I had no other choice but to restart. Powerquest now read the drive format as Pqpr??? I reinstall Win2k3 server, Windows has no problem seeing the hard drive, however it will not let me do anything to the drive but format it. I know that all of the data is still on that drive. Is there any way of getting that data off?? W/o reformatting it? and IF I do have to reformat it? Can I still get the data that was on it back off? Please tell me that there is a way!!! I was up to 6am trying to figure this thing out.!!

I would have wrote this sooner, but I dosed off for a few hours.

Thank You!!!

pqpr .. hmph .. that's new .. never had any experience with them ,.

if you want data recovery with a single drive, that'd be tough .. try any booting utilities that you got with the HD (if it's a maxtor, use maxblast, WD, use data lifeguard .. and so on) .. they have pretty useful function in there .. see if it helps ..

Yeah I downloaded restorer2000. It works VERY WELL. Well worth the $50. I got everything that was on there. Now I'm relieved:)

and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD :D .. i learned my lesson the hard way .. surge smoked my HDD and even tho my data was on different partition of the same HDD, I lost all my data.

I now use external enclosure with 120gb WD for my data .. better safe than sorry :D

nut581 said:
and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD :D

That was a totally seperate hard drive. I had noting on that drive but the stuff that I needed to keep. So if something were to happen to my windows drive, no big deal just reinstall. I had a bunch of school papers, my resume and a lot more other stuff I can't mention;)

Mobius1 said:
nut581 said:
and from now on, save your data on different partition or better yet, separate 2nd HDD :D

That was a totally seperate hard drive. I had noting on that drive but the stuff that I needed to keep. So if something were to happen to my windows drive, no big deal just reinstall. I had a bunch of school papers, my resume and a lot more other stuff I can't mention;)

whoa .. good thing you recover the HDD .... it must have took some time to get "the other stuff you couldn't mention" :D ... it'd be disaster to lose them overnight :D ..

Back