• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Bobnova Benching Live Tonight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Bobnova Benching Live Tonight
by (hokiealumnus)

Overclockers Benching Team member Bobnova, 8th ranked member on the Overclockers team, will be benching sub-zero live tonight!

Tune in to stage 1 this evening for some overclocking with dry ice. Here's the skinny:
  • Mobo: Rampage III Extreme
  • CPU: i7 980X
  • RAM: SuperTalent Chrome
  • GPU: ASUS 4890TOP
  • Cooling: Dry ice on the CPU, air on the GPU
  • Focus: Geekbench, SuperPi 32M, Vantage and potentially other 3D benches
  • Click here to watch on Stage 1
  • Date and Time: October 15, 2010.
  • Presently, he is hoping for a 7-8:00pm EST start time. It could be as late as 1-2:00am EST though.
  • He will finish when a) the dry ice runs out, b) something gets wet or c) he passes out.
  • This post will be updated with a more concrete time as Bobnova is able to narrow it down.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

either way, if you cant stick your tongue to it, its cold and helps the cpu. so lets get to it, should be able to make it. good luck with the setup.

Cool! Gonna check this out tonight while I feeblely (is that a word?) attempt to rip that case out of someone's hand fro geekbench...

Results!

3d01 101905!
3d01-101905.png

3d06 23806
3d06-23806.png

SuperPI32m 6m 54.750s
spi32m-6m-54.750s.png

I am very pleased.
There's a 3d05 result stuck on the benching hdd too, i'll get that off there and uploaded tomorrow.

nice work and some pretty impressive numbers. rock on

This is what I want to see every morning when I wake up! w00t!

SCORES.png

(on a side note: Bob...your 4890 should have a little more left in the tank...(thats sarcasm for those who hadn't had coffee yet))

The 3d01 and 32m make me very happy. Especially the 3d01, cause the beats the best 980x/4890 score on the bot by 1800 points.

There's more in the tank too, it's just going to take more work to drag it out.

The 3d01 and 32m make me very happy. Especially the 3d01, cause the beats the best 980x/4890 score on the bot by 1800 points.

There's more in the tank too, it's just going to take more work to drag it out.

Well played! Now that I got the Jiggy set up I'm competitive in 3d with the x6 at 5000ish...running Ram at 2000 has really helped with my 3d stuff. Goint to run the whole slew of 3d's today. :thup:

play with the run order some. I did ch then nature and made a pretty good jump. the ch test is one that will bug high for you and can make 500-800 points difference for you to. running nature late for me kills the fps avg on that test. for me by running the ch first I can get an idea of what a good run is and abort if it isnt a good run, if I abort it I will restart the program and run it again, then run nature as it doesnt really hurt the fps by running second. for me the rest arent that improtant. but at the end run cl until you get a good run. the other thing I would try is turning on d3d overrider (triple buffering) for just the nature test and it is a big difference just there. I bet you have a 104000 waiting for you

Back