• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed my Iwaki 20RZ, pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pelikan

Here it is:
iwaki.jpg

I made a redwood box for it:
pumpbox.jpg

My radiator, for those who havn't seen it yet (50' of 3/4" copper, burried in wet ground):
wcpipes.jpg

My temps have dropped 3C using this pump. Before I was using a Groundfos circulation pump with similar head but much higher GPH (1250 GPH) and higher wattage (185W). My overclock didn't increase. I switched to the Iwaki to lower my electric bill.

Here's the rest of the pics. I got rid of condensation by sealing up my case so no air goes in or out and pumping the cold water through a heatercore and fan inside the case which cools the air while recirculating it.

Last edited:
Far and away one of the most ingenious (and quiet :D ) watercooling setups I've seen. Do have one question though: how's your flow with that much tubing? I know Iwakis have a lot of head, but that's really gotta be pushing that 20RZ :)

I think he had a eheim 1250 pushing through all of that if I'm not mistaken. If that pump worked than the 20RZ should be a worthy upgrade.

Thanks for selling me the pump greenman100. :)
That's right, I used to have an eheim 1250 in there. The flow was, suprisingly, pretty good. Since the copper is 3/4", it is not very restrictive at all. I think I calculated a 2' pressure drop in the 50' of pipe.
Then I got a Grundfos pump for free. That thing has 25' of head and 1250 GPH. I was getting about 4 GPM with it. It worked great but it used 185W and I got sick of paying a higher power bill.
This Iwaki is perfect. I'm getting pretty close to the flow I got with the Grundfos, but with only 55W.

Here's a pic from just before I trimmed the plastic and filled the dirt back in. It's burried about two feet deep. The plastic keeps water in.
wcplastic.jpg

The heatercore in this pic isn't cooling the water. Its job is to keep the case cool using the cold water from the burried radiator outside. I covered all the holes in the case with duct tape and put the psu outside the case. So with the side panel on the case is comletely sealed. I did this to stop the occasional condensation problems I was having. It's a cool, dry little micro-environment in there.
inside.jpg

It looks like you are cooling your intake air with that rad in the front, right? If so that is a great idea. Looks like you have a sweet setup.

InvisGreenMan said:
It looks like you are cooling your intake air with that rad in the front, right? If so that is a great idea. Looks like you have a sweet setup.
Actually there is no intake or exhaust. The air inside the case stays inside and is re-circulated through that rad. This way it stays cool and dry inside the case regardless of what's happening outside. I used to get condensation whenever I'd cook things like soup which add a lot of humidity to the air, but this solved the problem.

Back