• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i can't ping in Hamachi. help please =]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi, i've been trying to get Hamachi to work with my friends so we can play on our own private servers. all my friends can join each other cept for me. i can never see the servers my friends make, then i noticed i kept getting "request timed out" when i send a ping to my firends.

is there something i need to change on my firewall/network settings etc?
any help would be appreciated. thanks :p

I just messed with Hamachi for the first time earlier today.

I disabled my Firewall, and Made sure the option "Block vulnerable microsoft services" in the Security section is UN-checked!

On their website ( well, the PDF they offer ), they say to keep that unchecked, or it won't work.

after that, i disconnected from my friend's server, then reconnected, and it's now working perfectly fine.

Hamachi is suppose to bypass any router/firewall issues......

Its the main reason anyone uses it at all.

yeah. i think it was the game. i tried Red Alert 3 just before and played about an hour. us 3 got beaten by 1 team of Japanese lol. (are we noob)?

GRID just doesn't work...i could connect to one friend, then my other friend coudlnt' connect..and stuff like that just kept happening.

Did you re-prioritize your network adapter to make Hamachi first on the list? A lot of games won't work correctly with Hamachi if you don't.

Follow these steps: http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming

Basic guide

The following steps are the least you'll need to do in order to play most games:
How the metrics and the Hamachi properties should look like in Vista.
How the metrics and the Hamachi properties should look like in Vista.

1. After installing Hamachi, run it once and insure you've configured your firewall properly and have set port forwarding on your router(s) (if you have one).

2. Re-prioritize your network adapter order:

For XP/2000: Start > Control Panel > Network Connections, then, on the menu bar, click Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

For Vista: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center, then, on the left side panel, click on 'Manage Network Connections'. Now press Alt, click on Advanced > Advanced Settings and put Hamachi at the top of the list.

3. Configure the gateway and metrics:

In Network Connections right click on Hamachi > Properties, select TCP/IP(v4) > Properties > Advanced. Ensure that the default gateway is 5.0.0.1, if not, then add/edit it and set its metric to Automatic (this is the Gateway Metric).
Below 'Default gateways' tick 'Automatic metric' (this is the Interface Metric).

Quick notice: Some users have reported that their internet connection fails when Hamachi is turned on. Removing the Hamachi gateway (5.0.0.1) should resolve the problem. It is not known why this is happening, but it might be the ISP's fault. Entering a Gateway Metric manually (for example, the default "1500") can restore the internet connection, but gaming functionality may still not be available.

4. If you're running Vista disable TCP/IPv6 (untick it in the Hamachi properties)

5. If you're running Vista ensure that Hamachi appears in the 'Network and Sharing Center' as a 'Private Network' .
If it doesn't, then press customize (at Hamachi, of course) and set it to 'Private Network'.

6. Reboot.

7. Create/Join a Hamachi network and check to see if you can ping/chat with one another. If either one of these don't work ensure you haven't forgotten anything and check again. Still not working? check section 3.1 and 3.2 of the 'Advanced Guide' below.

8. The game host must be running Vista when playing with XP users!

oh cool thanks for that. i'll try it tongith :)
yaeh, i didn't know how to prioritize the Hamachi network.

LOLz, i see you people are talking about using it on a router and proper net. What about us retards who have some crappy 3G phone signal internet with no router or ports?? would it be the same or would it just not work on my computer cause i tried GRID and i could even connect to online mode, it just says that i have to check my internet settings

Back