• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which cooler is better for i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slimbone

hello guys im building new pc desktop and i need help
i have
cpu : intel i7 3370k
mainboard : msi z77a-gd65
Ram : gskill ddr3 2133
hdd : gforce dds 60gb
vga : gtx 570 SuperOverclock

My Q Is :
Q1: which one is better - corsair h80 Vs zalmanCNPS9900 MAX?
Q2: which water clocking will give me best overclock speed without get damage for board ..........
Q3: if i use water cooling can i reach limted cpu to 7ghz like what website say ? or less like 5ghz ??????

1. Corsair H80 is better than the Zalman CNPS9900 Max.

2. Any watercooler that is similar to the H80 will improve your overclocking with minimal risk to damaging your board or components. DIY overclocking is also very safe, if done following our watercooling guide:
http://www.overclockers.com/beginners-guide-water-cooling/

3. If you use water cooling, you can probably do 4.5GHz. You might be able to do 5GHz, depending on how good your settings are, how good the chip is, and how good your watercooling is. You will not reach 7GHz - very few Ivy Bridge CPUs are capable of running 7GHz, and you have to use subzero cooling to get to anything higher than 6GHz (liquid nitrogen cooling is different from water cooling)

thank u dude its help me alot
Q1 : but i read some reviews they say h80 its have high noise is that true ?
Q2 : is there cooling batter than h80 but in same size not big like h100 like Noctua ?

plz tell me which air cooling or water cooling is best for me to overclock my cpu without dmge it and i dont wanna high noise (zalamn or Noctua or Corsair or etc ... )

h80 noise depends on fan speeds. You can run the fan slower if the noise is too much... Also keep in mind most review sites do not use good practice to measure sound output. If they don't have a sound meter, comments about noise can generally be discounted.

You can do better cooling than the h80 in a DIY setup, but in the same radiator form factor - it would have a better pump, and a push/pull fan setup.

The h80 is a fine choice if you don't want to do a DIY watercooling setup. Noise kinda depends on your personal preference of what is "too noisy"... If its too noisy, you can switch out the fans.

Either, depends on your preference. More people own the h80, so more people have experience with it specifically. There are also more reviews on the h80.

You must remember the INTERNET. Unless you have a trusted source reviews can be good or bad, and NEVER EVER trust a guy that says his is better than the other with no proper method of testing.

WE say the H80 is marginally better (and a small amount) than the very best air cooled solution. TRUST us. Your welcome to look at our very solid front page reviews of the H80 and other coolers. If you have the time to learn.

You can make it slightly better with expensive LOUD fans.

Why you ask? Now you deal with science and the dedication of many to find an answer. Your also welcome to begin your journey to understanding.

We have the knowledge here posted by a bunch of smart folks, take the time to read it.

Back