• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony Viao

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skoolsux57

Registered
I have an old Sony Viao that I wanted to start modding. I'm a begginer, I've only done a few things to a PS1 and some other small game consoles that I bought from the flea market. I want to use this computer for watching DVD's and playing old games like Fallout 2 and stuff. I don't really have any ideas with what to do with it, I was hoping that maybe some of you could help me out. I would also post some pictures of it, but I dont know any websites that host pictures.

I'd have the perfect project log for you, but it appears as if every single one of my pics went down, and my project log is no longer hosted and I'm too lazy to put pics back up.

We'll see though. You might get lucky.

If you're brand new to the world of computers then modding a VAIO might not be the best place to learn. Try reading some of the guides in the General Hardware section before attempting a complicated mod. Ask if you've got any questions.

I'm not that new to the computer world, although if I do have any questions I'll be sure to ask. I am new to the world of modding though. I've only owned 3 computers and they are all manufactured: 1 Sony Vaio, which I know what I'm going to do with it, and 2 HP Pavilions. And Fyberwire, I saw what you did with Project: Hydra and you did an amazing job.

i think most ppl begain by putting lights and windows. as noob as it sounds best buy sells the basic moding package for like 20 bucks, it anit too good but its a window 2 fans and some round cables.

I kind of dumped the idea of modding my Vaio. My friend gave me an old 1.3 ghz mobo, although I'm not so sure what brand it is, but I'm trying to find a case for it. I'm trying to get a small case with a handle for LAN partys, or building one... but I have no clue on how to build one.

I used to have a Vaio. P4 with RDRAM (remember that stuff? First (?) dual channel baby). I remember wanting to mod it somehow but the case was plastic reinforced with metal and it really just seemed like too much trouble.

As for the case for your lan party computer, you could just ziptie it all down inside of a milkcrate. It might look ugly to all those limp wristed pretty boys with all there bling bling crap but once you kick their *** it'll feel that much better.

And no my computer isn't inside of a milkcrate, I built it into my desk. But I would if I took it to lan parties and such.

Back