• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just installed half-life2 , wtf is this sh**?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

yeah , ive had it on shelf for a year , decided its time to play it, so i install it, and when i click the desktop icon, it brings me to this steam setup , so i create an account, and it seems to me they want me to pay $20 more to finish install and play? it says pre install completed, what the hell did i buy a year ago?

There should be a place for you to enter in a cd-key, you shouldn't have to purchase it again. (Try right-clicking on the game?) It's been a while since I've installed anything that uses steam so I may be wrong.

lol, what is that ziggo? i did some searching and figured it out, kinda misleading , you have to go to the my games tab and click down in lower corner to enter cd key, yet, the first thing you see is a package deal including half-life2, pretty sneaky sis, if someone didnt have a clue they may just pay the extra $19.95..............

Yeah, the button on the bottom does the same thing the one in the menu does. There are a great many of package deals on Steam...as you can see, I have a boat load of games for a fraction of the price ;)

Yeah, the button on the bottom does the same thing the one in the menu does. There are a great many of package deals on Steam...as you can see, I have a boat load of games for a fraction of the price ;)

Yet you don't have portal? Not something you want to miss out :)

I don't know, Wasp...I never had any sort of issues with it at all, nor any of the friends I know who use Steam as well. Perhaps next time, you should stop for a second, and look over things, as its all very logical. No need for profanity.

Back