• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Armored core 4 in a few days!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Who else is excited about AC4????

me, and a friend of mine have had it reserved and payed off for MONTHS now.

Seems they have killed off the thermal gauge, so your AC wont overheat anymore! realllllly nice. Its annoying to be destroyed because someone keeps shooting fireballs at you, causing your AC to overheat, and explode!

the overboost thingy is now a separate equipable item, instead of being built into the core! YAY! been waiting for them to do that!

also, the enviroment can now be damaged and stuff this time, all thanks to the current-gen consoles! ( yes, CURRENT-Gen. I hate when people call it "next-gen", because its not "next", its already out, making it CURRENT. )

and last, but not least...the weapons can now be painted as well!!! Now the guns can match my AC!!!

ps. sorry for some of the spelling mistakes. Firefox seems to have gone all wacko on me, and i cant type certain characters, or it makes firefox bring up weird search boxes, and annoying crap. and i was to lazy to copy this, close Firefox, re-open it, and paste it in. :D

If it has online arena battle vs mode im getting it somehow. I spent sooo much time in the arena making mechs and rising in rank. Lots of fun.

ShadowPho said:
so...... what is Armored core 4? is it for PC? Is it like... MechWarrior 2? (ooOHOoooOooOOoooOOOh YEAH!)

if it was, i wouldn't have put it in the " console gaming system " section of the forums ;)

its for the 360. i THINK its comming out on PS3...but i dunno.

and to Fr3@k3r, meh i couldn't care less what some company says about it. Video game ratings are screwed up as it is. And it all depends on who does the review. I have been an AC fan for years. so the game probably won't suck to me.

but the game probably will suck to someone more like my brother, who has different interests.

to Brando, it is known that voice chat over the game is possible....soo if you can chat with someone else via the microphone...then it must have SOME sort of online capabilities! ( if i remember hearing stuff, i think it can go online, but i'm not sure of all the details on that ).

What was that one game for SNES that was like amored core... I forgot the name of it!! but its just like it!..

Fr3@k3r said:
AC4 is supposed to be a dud. Read EGM from the last month and you will see very low ratings.. i think nothing above 5..

i doubt its gonna be any good.

There's just too much stuff in the game to mess with and i doubt that they really played the game in-depth enough to really understand/appreciate it all. The AC series is underestimated because, the reviewers don't take the time to even go through the details of the game, the game takes weeks to get the hang of and the reviewers don't have the brains or time for it, i think they should do a in depth review because this game and all of the AC series ROCK its the #1 reason why im moving from PC to Console...lol im still playing Armored Core 1 [1997] on my comp till this day :p

I think every ac game has gotten low review scores for stupid reasons. It's not what people are used to so they dismiss it prematurely. Theres alot to the ac series once you get into it. You have to enjoy being creative and making mechs. There are so many different ways to build them and each change to your mech requires a change to your playing style to compensate. Its all about balance and play style. Looking at your finished creation is cool too, especially if it works well. Reviews usually slam the game for the short simple missions but thats not what it's about. Think of it as more of a fighting game with guns and robots. If you can finally fight other players online it'll be perfect, unless they blow it by botching some new changes they're making.

Brando said:
I think every ac game has gotten low review scores for stupid reasons. It's not what people are used to so they dismiss it prematurely. Theres alot to the ac series once you get into it. You have to enjoy being creative and making mechs. There are so many different ways to build them and each change to your mech requires a change to your playing style to compensate. Its all about balance and play style. Looking at your finished creation is cool too, especially if it works well. Reviews usually slam the game for the short simple missions but thats not what it's about. Think of it as more of a fighting game with guns and robots. If you can finally fight other players online it'll be perfect, unless they blow it by botching some new changes they're making.

what changes :0?

I've been an AC fan since it's PS1 days. I can't wait for this one, but I'm going to hold off until I can confirm that they've changed the control setup or allow you to change it, because using the R1 and L1 to look up and down limited what one could do it all the previous AC games.

Heck, I'd get it just so I could model the robots in Maya. They'd be GREAT practice.

I also played the AC on PS1 through a demo disc I've played every single one upto the last release on PS2. The video I saw at E3 looked inpressive if they've taken out the thermal problem that'll be good and engery is sperate also nice about dam time really.

Just that I hope the boosting can be constant like all the beginning cutscenes showed with one ultra robot killing everything by constant boost.

Off the topic anyone remember Virtual-On for Sega Saturn I used to like that a lot.

Looks like the biggest differences are the removal of the heat gauge and targeting lock box. Thats actually pretty major but I dont want to shoot down the idea until I've tried out the new way.

SeasonalEclipse said:
Thats it!! Does that game have anything to do with armored core?

Not that I know of, but Armored core 4 came out for the ps2 a year or so ago(maybe longer) great game if you want a mech strategy game.

gametrailers has had a bunch of AC4 videos lately including PS3 vs. x360 where the textures look fairly better on 360....although I don;t know anyone who is making a choice of whether to buy games for their PS3 or 360.......the game looks like it would be cool...but at other times it just seems plain the environments do I guess....there was a Virtua On game for Dreamcast too and it was pretty fun.

Back