• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teamgroup PC4800 --- TCCD ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well it's not that hard to figure out since there are no other IC's out there that can be bined that high.

Maybe Hynix and 5B G's but I highly doubt it. These are either TCCD or TCC5's.

Good price thought, that's what DDR600 XBLK's are going for if not more.

sry i'm stupid can someone explain why someone would buy bh5-utt chips instead of tccd chips since tccd runs faster. is it because of the timings? I thought there really wasn't any real wolrd performance difference. Wat am i missing :? The price of this bh5 chips actually look pretty sweet. Man i could just sell my memory and buy a pair of those. :)

bumsquad said:
sry i'm stupid can someone explain why someone would buy bh5-utt chips instead of tccd chips since tccd runs faster. is it because of the timings? I thought there really wasn't any real wolrd performance difference. Wat am i missing :? The price of this bh5 chips actually look pretty sweet. Man i could just sell my memory and buy a pair of those. :)

TCCD runs faster, but at looser timings. BH5 runs slower, but tighter timings. (Generally speaking)

The thing is, on the A64 platform, neither makes a HUGE difference. I'd argue that either the speed or the timings make about an equal difference, so some of it comes down to personal preference. For example, some people strive to hit as close to 1:1 with the HTT as possible, others like to run dividers but at the lowest timings possible.

I guess it's like asking why someone would buy car X when Y has a higher stop speed... someone will say it's because X has better acceleration :)

o snap ur from tankguys!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

very good analogy there. btw how high to the bh5-utt 3200 chips tend to clock cuz its looky mighty nice to me. Will u have pc4000 bh5 anytime soon?

I actually am considering buying the PC3200 BH-5 instead of the TCCD, it just depends on how well they clock. If I could get around 260 out of them I would definately by them.

if your gonna buy the BH-UTT stuff, get the pc4000 stuff, it has a higher chance of hitting ddr520. however the pc3200 stuff is amazing too, its what OPB used to hit ddr566 2-2-2 for the UTT 32m stable record.

since we're on this TCCD topic I'll ask the folks from Tankguys to see what they say.....

Can "some" of these modules hit 300MHz with 2.5-3-3-x timings? Any experience with this thus far or are they all pretty much binned at 2.5-4-4 without exception?

HousERaT said:
since we're on this TCCD topic I'll ask the folks from Tankguys to see what they say.....

Can "some" of these modules hit 300MHz with 2.5-3-3-x timings? Any experience with this thus far or are they all pretty much binned at 2.5-4-4 without exception?

I have OCZ Platnium Elite PC 4800 TCCD, and the best I could do was 2.5-4-3-6 at DDR 600.

Just a reference point.

HousERaT said:

Not sure yet, to be honest. This stuff is still really new to the market, so there isn't a whole lot of info yet. If you mean TCCD in general, that's a different story, but I'm talking about the Team version.

TCCD in general, from what I've seen, has to be run pretty loose to hit 300Mhz. Generally, I see 3-4-4-7 or higher, but I honestly haven't dont a *ton* of research into it, so I could be way off.

As for the Team memory specifically, we are going to be testing a few of thier modules (I don't remember if I mentioned that yet or not) so we'll see what they can do. At least one set is TCCD, maybe 2 of them were... but I don't remember now :)

Once we have the test results, we'll have them posted on our forum, and I know one of our testers will likely also post them at xtremesystems as well, not sure about others.

TankGuys said:
Not sure yet, to be honest. This stuff is still really new to the market, so there isn't a whole lot of info yet. If you mean TCCD in general, that's a different story, but I'm talking about the Team version.

TCCD in general, from what I've seen, has to be run pretty loose to hit 300Mhz. Generally, I see 3-4-4-7 or higher, but I honestly haven't dont a *ton* of research into it, so I could be way off.

As for the Team memory specifically, we are going to be testing a few of thier modules (I don't remember if I mentioned that yet or not) so we'll see what they can do. At least one set is TCCD, maybe 2 of them were... but I don't remember now :)

Once we have the test results, we'll have them posted on our forum, and I know one of our testers will likely also post them at xtremesystems as well, not sure about others.
yeah I'm talking about the Team stuff specifically. I know some TCCD can run 300Mhz 2.5-3-3-x (Geill for one and some of the older GSkill).

avalanche83 said:
Ya. They can hit 2.5-3-3-x but you would have a better chance with pc4800.
That's what this thread is about...... pc4800 TCCD;)

Back