• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Christmas Wish List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
So what are you all getting for Christmas?

I think I am just gonna save up some cash and get a laptop. I have my eye on a Dell laptop for about £1000. Specs:

http://commerce.euro.dell.com/dells...gbp&l=en&s=uktra&store=dhs&sbc=ukdhsinspn&v=d

P4-M 1.7Ghz
256MB DDR RAM
20Gig Hard Disk
32Meg graphics
CDRW/DVD
14.1" screen
NIC/Modem
Windows XP Home <- which I dont want, cos I want to put Linux on it!
MS Office <- which I dont want!

So, what you all wanting for Christmas?

David

RAM
PSU
HSF

Gotta love them three letter abbreveations(sp?). Thats as far as comp stuff goes. I also want:
X-Box Live
A whole mess of Cat5 cable
Unreal Championship
Splinter Cell
Mech Assault

I doubt Ill get it all though, lol.

lol, i just bought myself two laptops, both from ibm, stupidthinkpads, :) oh and wireless networking router, a orinoco silver wifi card and a lucent range ext, antenna, :) lock your AP's up monroe (my town)

Oni said:
Sony 16x DVD-ROM drive (My current Toshiba DVD-ROM drive is a POS)
Copy of Battlefield: 1942
Socks
T-shirt

I know all this for a fact :D

ya gotta replace those shirts after a while, huh? Is there like a ritual or something? :p :D :cool:

TheFrag said:
ya gotta replace those shirts after a while, huh? Is there like a ritual or something? :p :D :cool:

Naw, no ritual or anything. Just gotta take the old one off and put the new one on. It can be a little disorenting until you get the new one broken in, however.

It also give you a chance to wash the bloodsplatters off of the old one :D

PSU
RAM

Gets rid of the stupid flickering mouse on my mom's P3 (that I have to use half the time)

Oni said:
Sony 16x DVD-ROM drive (My current Toshiba DVD-ROM drive is a POS)
Copy of Battlefield: 1942
Socks
T-shirt

I know all this for a fact :D

I got BF 1942 for my self for my birthday and I'm not normally a FPS gamer but WOW is it ever great, definatly the best game to come out in 2002.

I have no clue what I am getting for christmas, I'm hoping for the Logitech MX700 Wireless Optical mouse
logitecmx700mouse.jpg

but my parents and girl friends are not the most techy people in the world and probably didn't get me anything computer related.

oh well I will have to treat my self :D

What is under the tree right now: [i hate suprises]
Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
Logitech Dual Optical Mouse
Wooden Stratego
MIB and Independence Day

What im pretty sure ive seen:
Some real nice pens
Logitech z680/540 or Creative 6600/5300/5700 [need to investigate]
Some dum books

What I better get or else!
Radeon 9700 Pro