• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best all round AV program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zero cool

Hi just doing a new install of windows and I was wondering if I should change my Anti-Virus to a different 'brand' up to now I have used Norton. Anyone got any opinions.

I use AVG, probably not the best but it's got a small footprint and I'm not really prone to any online viruses so it does more than enough.

Nexus Realized said:
I use AVG, probably not the best but it's got a small footprint and I'm not really prone to any online viruses so it does more than enough.

NOD32 is ranked number 1 detecting 100% of known viruses and something crazy like 70% of unknown ones. Also it runs REALLY light. 2 tasks averaging 15-17MB of Memory total :)

Second is trend micro. Also detecting 100% of known but only 50% of unknown (then you move down to norton somewhere around 10-15% of unknowns)

zero cool said:

Cool, BTW I'm using the Free version. I don't know what the benefits are for the paid version but if you aren't real prone to getting anything on your comp and just want it for added protection I would suggest the free one for you also.

Neur0mancer said:
NOD32 is ranked number 1 detecting 100% of known viruses and something crazy like 70% of unknown ones. Also it runs REALLY light. 2 tasks averaging 15-17MB of Memory total :)

Second is trend micro. Also detecting 100% of known but only 50% of unknown (then you move down to norton somewhere around 10-15% of unknowns)

Been using NOD32 for about 3 years, it is by far the quickest and most lightweight AV I have had the chance to use on Windows, I'd deffinatly recommend it.

Back