• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long until paypal releases the hold after positive feedback?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

I sold my ds games and accessories on ebay, the guy received it and left a positive feedback but the money is still held in my account. How long does it take after this to get the money?

It should be right away....I would email Paypal and see what they say..they might ask for tracking , but they should release the funds anyway considering he has left feedback already.

I am in the same boat, this new hold policy really sucks when half the time peole don't even leave feedback. I am waiting for their response.

I am in the same boat, this new hold policy really sucks when half the time peole don't even leave feedback. I am waiting for their response.

yea but it does protect the buyer, but it sucks cause i wanted to sell these things to get money fast but instead i have to wait 3 weeks.

When did this start?

No Effing way will I ship anything without cash in hand

Hmmm this must be a joke or soething I have received no email from paypal about this.

I just sold some stuff on ebay too and had no hold... will see if the thing I sold tonight goes on hold

Is it perhaps only free acounts?

EDIT: hah ha nice spin by fortune mamagazing

"Factors beyond sellers' control, including the number of "feedback" comments they have from previous buyers and how many of those comments are positive, can trigger the freeze."

OH NO I HAve too many positive feedback the funds will be held!!!

In actuality you have 2 negative feedbacks in last 30 days it is held.

Of course I am sure this will cause problems paypal and Ebay are on my short list now.

I dont have any negative feedback so I guess I will continue to get my cash directly :)

Last edited:
No, they hold it even if you haven't received any negative feedback. I have 9 positive ratings and 0 negative ratings, and the last thing that I sold is being held. Not very cool considering the chick hasn't left feedback, and it seems that most of the people I sell to don't either. I didn't receive any email from paypal prior to the hold. It is an unwelcome surprise for sure. I think I'm done with the Ebay/Paypal thing.

hajalie24, what e-mail address did you reach out to? I'm in the same annoying situation and would like my funds asap.

Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page once you log in. I had two transactions and had to send two separate emails to get my funds released.

Here is what they sent me:

Your payments will not be held if you meet all the following
requirements:
* Your eBay tenure is more than 6 months.
* Your eBay feedback rating is over 100.
* Your buyer dissatisfaction is less than 5%.
Or if you meet all the following requirements:
* Your Detailed Seller Rating is greater than 4.5.
* Total Detailed Seller Ratings Received: More than 20 in the last
12-months.
* Your buyer Dissatisfaction less than 5%.
If you have had more than 5% dissatisfied buyers in the last 30 days,
you are required to offer PayPal or a merchant credit card.
These requirements are per individual eBay account. If you don't meet
this criteria yet, we recommend that you implement best practices to
reduce buyer disputes, claims and chargebacks.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and
wish you continued success on PayPal.

I do not trust paypal at all I do not like that fact if something happens you lost all money. It is handy for gaming to pay your clan and stuff. I have 30dollers in my account for a few years now. If trusted sites you are paying no hold. It takes 3 days for transaction to happen, if your pay someone with little or no rating 5 days this works visaversa too the more you use it the better rating you got.

Last edited:
Guess it is time to look for an alternative. To ebay I mean.

Anyone use digital river or revolution money exchange?

I actually just went through this same thing last night. I sold something on eBay, guy received it yesterday and left positive feedback last night. I logged into Paypal to retrieve my funds since he had left feedback and it wouldn't let me. I logged back in this morning and then the funds were in my account, at which point I transferred them to my checking account. So it takes an "overnight" from the time they leave feedback until you can pull your money out.

Not overnight from me, here's what I got in as a response: I checked your account and I do show here that there is transaction that is still on hold for the amount of $306.00 USD last February 6. It was delivered February 12. The funds will be available in your PayPal account 3 days after the delivery date. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

THis reminds me of the bi-weekly mortgage offers I got from some 3rd party company. The bi-weekly company would take my money twice a week and pay it to the financial institution that I have the loan with. But there would always be a day or two extra in each month and a extra week in at least 2 months of the year that they would hold onto my money in thier own account and it drew interest for them before they paid my bi-weekly mortgage payment.

I asked my bank about it and they said its not illegal but it is un-ethical. They wanted to use my money for thier benifit.

I declined thier offer...LOL!

Seems to me (just thinking here) that paypal will use your
money during the hold time to make more money for them just like the 3rd party bi-weekly mortgage company tried with me.

Geez , what the hell kinda policy is this ... 3 weeks hold . Ebay/Paypal is bad enough without this kinda crap .

Glad I read this thread (before I listed a few things).

Back