• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Assistance If Possible Please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PoisonXA

i just got a x7dca-l with two e5405 processors ive tried to get setfsb to change the clock speed but with no avail is there something im doing wrong maybe? is there a flash anyone knows of to unlock the pll? im lost since i dont think i can do a tape mod on this board because it doesnt suppot 1600 fsb

i know i have a x7dcu that ive taken to 1589 almost 1600 but ive heard some boards can go over it all depends on ur luck so ill see ;)~

Back in 2008 I built a nice little 8-core setup around Supermicro X7DCA-L Micro ATX in a Lian Li PC-V350B SFF Cube Case. I used a pair of quad core E5340 ES 1066 FSB Clovertowns, tape modded to 3 GHz @ 1333 FSB with 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR2-667 Reg/ECC RAM. The video card was an eVGA 9800 GX2 1GB Dual GPU which just fit in thal Lian Li cube case. The Lian Li came with dual 120mm inlet fans at the front which were right next to the Xeons, providing fresh cool air for the HS/Fans. A couple of slot coolers cleared out any heat from either side of the 9800 GX2 although it did have a fan between the two cards that exhausts heat out the back also. The power supply was an Antec Earth Watts 650W which did a nice job of powering everything nice and stable.

Back