• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Raptors in Raid0, installed XP, rebooted - then BSOD; WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NuBie

Registered
I'm :bang head on this one guys. What's the deal?

Bios settings or Jupper settings?

I set up a stripe set w/2 36g raptors on the ICH5 raid, and set up a mirror with the 2x250gb hitachis on the Silicon Image raid controller (via thier respective boot roms), boot from CD, set up XP, reboot, change bios to boot from hard drive and and get a bsod!

I'll keep the post short; I usually get more of a response that way! So, how, in the bios do you set up with this layout? When I was in XP setup, it looked right;
70GB drive (the cumulation of the 2 raptors) and one 234GB drive (the mirror of the 2 hitachis) but when it restarts the puter, it craps out?

HELP

NuBie said:
I'm :bang head on this one guys. What's the deal?

Bios settings or Jupper settings?

I set up a stripe set w/2 36g raptors on the ICH5 raid, and set up a mirror with the 2x250gb hitachis on the Silicon Image raid controller (via thier respective boot roms), boot from CD, set up XP, reboot, change bios to boot from hard drive and and get a bsod!

I'll keep the post short; I usually get more of a response that way! So, how, in the bios do you set up with this layout? When I was in XP setup, it looked right;
70GB drive (the cumulation of the 2 raptors) and one 234GB drive (the mirror of the 2 hitachis) but when it restarts the puter, it craps out?

HELP

I believe what you want to do is in BIOS set it to boot from SCSI/RAID/Promise RAID (Most likely SCSI, but it could be any of these my friends on his A7N8X-E is called "SCSI/Promise RAID") When using a RAID array the BIOS doesnt see it as a HD it see it as a SCSI or RAID-type option.

So basically you BOOT optiosn should ook something like this:

1. Floppy
2. CD-ROM
3. SCSI/RAID/Whatever
4. Network Boot (If oyu want optional w/e)

Back