• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My up-and-coming rig...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Hello everybody - thought I'd jot my rig details down here for comment and flaming ;-)
So anyway, I'm running an Eheim 1046 on my dual processor rig - athlonMP 2ghz - 15mm tubing throughout and two homemade waterblocks, my own design. It's all working pretty well really, no complaints, and much quieter than my old aircooling.
The upgrades...
I've just bought an innovatek dual 120mm fan Radiator, looks the business. This is going in with *2* 220watt pelts, 8mm ID innovatek tubing, and the piece da resistance - an Eheim 1250 of course. My temps now are 31c on the mainboard and 45c and 43c on the two processors. It'll be interesting to see how this affects the temps... I'll let you all know how it goes - with pictures I hope!

oh man you gotta get pictures,
one thing, i dont think that radiator can handle even 1 peltier, i really dont know tho, but 2 im sure it cannot do that, you should get dual heatercores for that, with dual heatercores youll be able to keep your temps close to ambient, and with 1 im sure they will be around 5-10c above

whoa that is insanely cool. Yeah, i say go with two BIX. Are you haveing two pumps? It would even more insane with a 1060! You should go with 5/8 tubing. Man I would love to cool a dualy. No flames from me but mybee your PSUs. What are you going to use to power your tecs? there goes the elec bill!

good luck

pics, need pics!

why bix? they are so expencive and dont cool very well, they cant handle nearly the heat load as a heatercore!

stuff

Well, I didn't expect so much input - thanks :)
So, the radiator; I think it can handle the heatload as the aquacoil I have now does a fine job - and the fan is only on the 5volt rail (nice and quiet). Bearing in mind the black ice pro can handle a 400watt heatload, this one should be about twice the capacity. When I said dual fan, I didn't mean one on the front and one on the back ;-) Yeah baby!
The power supply for the pelts has been tested - this thing can virtually weld - no kidding. It'll run both 220watt pelts at 12volts no problems - I've just got to heatsink the rectifier a little better. The pump should be ok - I'm surprised at the 1046's performance given that i'm only running on tap water at the moment.

i see no diff between tap and not, i just run tap, and that radiator looks pretty good actually, it may do the job, as a black ice pro handles 400 watts, a heatercore will handle around 1KW

if your refrigerator has a water despensor on it, use the water from that, or if you have a water filter, run it through that. tap water has minerals in it that my deposit on the block, or create battery affect.

Thanks for the encouragement; Good point about the battery effect from minerals in the water - but you'll get that from distilled water if you have two different metals in your system, i.e. a copper water block and an aluminium radiator. I've seen pictures where this 3-4mm thick aluminium water block has been practically eaten through because the guy had a copper radiator.
It's called the "galvanic" effect. That's why they strap sacrificial anodes on ships to rust the anodes instead of the ship.
Anyway, I digress. I'm trying to get some heat ratings on that radiator i posted. The original site i found is in german and didn't have any heat ratings in BTU's or Watts. Any help there'd be great - thanks :)

Back