• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A simple fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subj3ctZer0

Registered
So i have finally gathered all the parts for my new gameing rig, and with the last week i had off of work, i put it all together.
Now besides the 4890 giving me grief, it has been pretty much problem free. One is the CPU fan wont spin, thank god for the huge side and top fans in my CM Sniper case:D. The other is that when i go to plug in a USB in the top front pannel(the case has 4 usb up front, plus a host of others) the video card input shuts down and i cant get it to wake up. Am i shorting things out? even when its a USB cable with nothing attached to it? wont do it all the time but enough to have me worried and wondering.

Are you sure all the connections between your components and your motherboard are properly fitted?

I would unplug everything and plug it all back in again making sure every connection is 100% in. If everything's connected properly then it sounds like a bad motherboard. RMA it and hopefully the next one will work...

also check around inside the case around the connectors for the front panel.. it may be bad MB, but could be something shorting out near contact points..though does sound more MB related

Back