• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need a beggingers guide to a 12v/off/7v baybus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i have read some articles on this but i just dont understand. i need one that can support six fans. please note that im note very skilled in electrical types of stuff but i do know the basics.

I have 3 fans, and 2 case lights ran on that switch. The lights are wired parallel to one toggle and the fans are assigned each other toggle. It is not in spec with the ratings on the baybus, but never has been a problem. I dont recommend that you go over the rating of the switch, but I am an example that it is possible to do so.

thanks. i found some good baybus articles too. about how much would one cost to build. i can buy a 6 switch one for $40 with shipping. would it be worth the hassle to build my own?

i just used DPDT switches.any ones will work just depends if you want to have high speed and low speed if not then just get SPST or on &off the switches i have don't have a model number so i can't help you there.

i built the one off of hightechmods.com and i got my switchs from here i have ordered from them many times and always the order is on time and well packaged, i would reccomend getting them there

ah thank you.
exactly what i needed, very cheap too.

what ohm resistor would i need?
470? i don't see why it's 470 but i seen it around a lot.
the hitechmods.com guide suggested something else for different LEDs. would the amount of LEDs affect the resistor?

also, any cheap place to buy good LEDs?
mostly blue and red.
thx all

koosh

Ok one ? I just got a baybus that's rated for 8watts per switch. On switch 1 I have a 120mm YS-Tech and on switch 2 I have a Delta 68c.f.m. and on switch 3 I have a 80c.f.m. Delta. The last fan is rated at 10 watts. Would it be ok to have it on there but only have it running at 7volts. Here is the specs on the baybus

Back