• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious Problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

SO.......

I had some issues with my windows and decided to re-install...

done. i reformatted and re installed windows.

within 2 mins of completing the installation and my first time in windows, i am getting virus popup things and crashes... "your computer will reboot in 1 minute" etc etc, and it wont even let me restart winodws, so it was ****ed up...

i decide to format and install a comp diff windows copy....

exact same thing....

someone told me that I could have an infected motherboard...... or theres a virus in it???

I can't get a good version of windows to run!

someone help me out here, is this a problem that I can solve or do I have to fork over more cash for another mobo? (its a crap ECS mobo)

thanks so much in advance.....

You are getting the message because of the Blaster Worm, when you first re-install Windows your comp is unprotected from the virus, and lots of comps are infected by it, and its almost a guarntee you will get infected before applying the proper updates.

The Error it self is the RPC (remote procedure call). What you need to do is go to
Start > Control Panel > Admistrative Tools > Services > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > double click on that, go to the tab 'Recovery' Change all 3 of the Failure Notices to 'Take No Action'

hope this helps you.

hmmm

yes it very well may be the "blaster worm" but how does my computer become affected so quickly even when it's not connected to the internet.... it just doesn't make any sense to me....

so it has nothing to do with the motherboard?

as well the the shutting down, the computer does a lot of other weird *** crap.... like it won't restart w/o pressing the power button as well as other stuff...

the other thing that's weird is the first time I had windows installed I got the fix for the blaster worm, yet it remained "messed up," that's why I'm thinking its something to do witht he motherboard..

if you're sure its blaster, and blaster alone, then I'll try that.... but I have a feeling something else is wrong too..

thanks

Also if you want it to stop the countdown, goto command prompt and type
Shutdown -a

Back