• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's happiest with their setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strafer

Registered
Looking to migrate over from Intel and was wondering who is the most satisfied with their system's performance. And maybe include why that is...

It's kinda hard to compare who is more satisfied..... you'd have people all over the board pipe up. In general, I think most people would say that an Athlon or a Duron on a KT133A board is a pretty satisfying combo. DDR is almost here though - I dont think it's quite mature just yet but it's getting close. If you're looking to make the jump from Intel (and have a passable system for now) I'd recommend giving it a month or two and let all things DDR mature a little.

SickBoy

Strafer (Jun 26, 2001 08:48 a.m.):
Looking to migrate over from Intel and was wondering who is the most satisfied with their system's performance. And maybe include why that is...

See sig. I am VERY happy with my set-up. It was a lot of work with the research to get the best combo of parts, but all is very good!!

Strafer (Jun 26, 2001 08:48 a.m.):

I love my Abit KT7AR and Duron 650 Combo. Smokin' fast and easy on the pocket book. See my sig for details.

I likes mine:

1.0 Gig T-bird Axia wk9 @ 1.4 Gig (1.85v; 10x140)
Millenium Glaciator HS/F (41C idle, 48C w/CPUburn)
Epox EP-8kta3 (6/14 BIOS, VIA 4in1 4.31 drivers, no Large file transfer/DMA Problems)
512 MB RAM (2ea 128 MB Crucial Cas2 in slots 1,2; 256 MB Crucial Cas2 in slot 4)
ATI Radeon 32 DDR AGP (7140 Drivers)
Promise Ultra66 controller card (PCI slot 2)
Net Gear 10/100 NIC (PCI slot 3)
Soundblaster Live Value (drivers only, no liveware junk, PCI slot 5)
US Robotics 56k ISA modem
30Gig WD ata100 7200 rpm (primary master)
10Gig WD ata66 7200 rpm (Ultra66 IDE1 master)
10Gig Quantum ATA33 5400 rpm (Ultra66 IDE2 Master)
NEC Zip100 Oem (Ultra66 IDE1 Slave)
HP 9300i CDRW 10x4x32 (Secondary Master)
Digital Research 36x CD-rom (Secondary Slave)
YYC-802 Case w/Sparkle 300W PS
Dual Boot WinME/Win2k SP2

Forget the benchmarks....it's fast.

Desired upgrades include bigger power supply, faster Vid Card (Min 64MB DDR).

Whew!!!

hard question u have here, coz if i say im very satisfied with my AMD setup, i bet there will be a guy in the next post trashing my setup and shouting it is **** and unstable. ;)

i have a KT7 with a 700@900-950TB (watercooled), 256 ram, GTS, yamaha sound card, 60XGP Hdd and its rock stable, it runs all the time as it is a small server.

Back