• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Progress in Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

So far since i've gone to water i've got my A64 in Sig. up to 2406mhz 1.65vcore (stock 1800mhz 1.4vcore ) so far water has gotten me 100mhz more OC than my air setup and she's getting hot even with water (61C load), i need more and i believe it's my *little* black ice microII rad is holdin me back. Here is what im asking from you guys... What's the Advantages of Single-Pass rads vs. Double-Pass rads ? It seems Single-Pass from what i've read on DD actually cools better... So why get a Double-Pass ? Also this is probably pure opinion BUT what would you say is a good sized Rad for NB and CPU cooling (1 120mm, 2 120mm, 3 120mm)? I dont plan on OC'ing Video because it scares me, i've lost one 6800GT already and one man down is too many lol.

Single pass works good with low cfm fans because it's thinner and there is less restriction. Double pass radiators like the black ice xtreme line are thicker and have more restriction so you either have to have more powerful fans or run 4 fans (two on each side of a BIX2). Personally I have a BIX2 and two of IMO the best fans for water cooling the 120x38mm Sanyo Denkis and I turned them way down so they are quiet and I'm idling at 28C. Someone was selling 2 more of the same fans and I bought them so I can run 4 of them quieter then my super low speed low noise case fans. In your case, I would get either a BIP2 or a BIX2 and try to get some good fans so it can be quiet.

Well Fighter i had already bought a Rad when i read your post but hopefully it will work... i ordered a 2 x 120mm heatercore single pass with shroud i plan on mounting it outside my case. I figure if anything it will surely outperform the BIM2 which fits 2 x 80mm fans.

Back