• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official AM2 Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TreeNode

Just recieved some official information on the Athlon FX-62 and the supporting motherboard specs for AM2. I'll post more as I get it.

slide15fd.jpg

slide27mk.jpg

slide34sm.jpg

slide46aa.jpg

slide52bd.jpg

slide64nz.jpg

AM2 would be signifigant if they were releasing a 65nm socket AM2 FX-62. Everything I've read on AM2 so far concludes the performance advantage of AM2 over 939 is minimal almost null. The only real advantage AM2 has is DDR2 support.

Yeh after this long of a wait it really should support 65nm technology. Less heat, less power...I was really looking foward to that.

well. They decided to release one thing at a time. am2, then the K8L and then teh K10. Shoulda just rushed and released as much as they could. However, if youa sk me, they are just trying to get more profit by selling AM2, getting everyone to buy the 90nm cpu then releaseing the 65nm so everyone buys that cpu after. LOL

I swear AOPEN are kissing INTEL's *** they never seem to want to release boards for AMD anymore. I've been with AOPEN since my 1st PC (K-6 3 350mhz) and I have this socket A and have been happy with it's performance. I was hoping they will release an early tempting board they seem to be more intrested in INTEL they was even when 939 was the choice for PC building.

And there shuttle PC's all of them are INTEL when will they wake up and smell the coffee. Even thou Conroe maybe better than AM2 (bet AOPEN are glad) there are still some AOPEN fans on AMD that would like some boards still. If I don't see anything by 3 months from now I'm going to DFI.

I'm going to wait out the DFI board. Ive been very impressed with them, both with the nf3 ut, and the nf4 sli-dr, so I'm hoping they will bring out a nice am2 board :)..I guess all that speculation about 256bit IMC, 2*2mb cache was wrong :(

Careface*

Back