• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Delete a File

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

When I went to my friends house, I came back and saw this file. Its called internet history eraser. It is an exe form and i think it was used by the Camand prompt I didnt know where it came from so i looked and i saw limewire on my computer. I guess my sister wanted to clear her history so i wouldnt know. So i tried deleting the exe program it but it says "can not delete this appliction because it's used by a person or program. Im thinking its running off of something. I looked into prossesing programs and it doesnt look like its there. I restarted my computer but didnt improve, I tried system restore, but failed. What do i do. this ****es me off. Thanks for advice

:mad: :mad: :mad: :bang head :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Boot into safe mode and use DOS to delete the file.

At the C: prompt type "del C:\directory\filename.ext"

edit: lol, not quick enough.

Yes i went to safe mode and the file wasnt there but if i went to running mode, it was there. Thanks ill try unlocker

Hey guys thanks for your help. I got rid of it with unlocker. The funny thing is i spent over 4 hour today try to get rid of it. I can always count on you guys. Thanks

I have a question though. When i had that exe program on my desktop that i got rid. When i did systerm restore, it said it was incomplete. why did it say that. Was it because the prograqm was running and it couldnt pass through it or something else. What could it be?

System restore is garbage. I recommend turning it off to conserve diskspace and back up all your important files. It's also a good idea to have windows and applications installed on a seperate partition, and all your stored files kept on another partition.

Back