• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats thehighest FSB on KT7A and how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Whats the highest FSB reached on a KT7A and how was it done....
Type of memory
Brand
Size
I have a 1 gig tbird 266 AXIA on a KT7A (board is getting RMAed) and I could reach 149 FSB with PC100 memory 3x64=192.
After I get a new video card (whenever that is) I will buy a stick of PC150 memory and overclock it. I am lucky to get 149 with pc100. So im hopeing I will get lucky with PC150 and take it past 150. I would rather overclock FSB more than the Multi. But thats just me.
Also since im useing an old slot A athlon 550 and a SY-K7VIA board while I wait for the RMA form for my KT7a, I was wondering How do you change the L2 cache on the slot a athlons? I dont have a GFD, and I need a progy for temps...the one for the KT7A doesnt seem to work as it always stays the same.

Well you got me beat...I only did 140 and stopped there...but it ran really stable. After I get done modding out my case, I'm gonna slap it all back together and pump it up.

Mine will run 150 Mhz til the cows come home. I have two sticks of Tonicom PC150 CAS2 4-Way interleaved, a cardex GF2MX-32, cheapo PCI NIC card, an AWE64 ISA, CD-RW, 2 WD UDMA66 HDDs. Nothing fancy about the system.

Hoot

Mine runs perfect at 143Mhz. 320MB of Micron PC133 Cas 3 memory at 3.4 I/O. I had it at 146Mhz but when transferring large files between hard drives I had problems. Looks like my WD 7200 RPM ATA 66 is holding me back.

Back