• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuzzy's Lian Li V1200s Water Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuzzy

Well i figured it would be fun to start up a thread detailing my new watercooling setup. I just bought a V1200 off of someone on redflagdeals.com, it should be here in a week. Im going for pretty good watercooling performance without too much noise. Here is what will be going into it:

updated:

Hardware
XP-M Barton 2500+
ABit Nf7-s
2x512 Samsung 3200
9800pro
Audigy 2 zs
Fortron 350w

Cooling
Danger Den TDX cpu
Danger Den Maze 4 gpu
Danger Den D4 Pump
2 x D-Tek pro cores
Sanyo Denki 108cfm fans
Sunbeam rheabous
Clearflex60 tubing
T-Line

Here is a pic of the case:

v1200inside.jpg

Thread will be detailed with pics as i go along. :)

Last edited:
here is what the cpu can do on air:

cpu-2745.bmp

6800 benches at 485/1300 on air. hopefully water will give me a little more headroom with these two components.

also thinking of cutting a top blowhole as well as maybe a side intake, both 120mm. that should keep good airflow through the case and provide some cooling for the ram, since it is going to be givin over 3.0v probably.

now thinking of gutting out the bottom sections of the case to make it one big open space. then cutting the bottom to fit a dual 120mm rad like a bix2. that should give me better performance over a single 120 rad. and i also don't tink there would be any need for the front intake if i were to do this and cut out 120's in the side and top of the case as well.

im trying to brainstorm up the best possible situation here.

vio, i noticed you took one of your hard drive racks out of your v1000. was it easy? did you just pop a few rivets out? that was my only concern when buying this case.

lol, paintshop is fun to mess around with sometimes. here's an update, i like this better. should yeild better results.

v1200insidedraw28nz.jpg

don't mind all the tubing bends. they are just for illustration purposes. loop will be setup with the least resistance possible.

thanks to imageshack for free image hosting in this thread. :thup:

Last edited:
them cases are so nice . hopefully when i get my new comp up and running i can go a bit of time without spending money and get one :p

Put the BIX in the front where you had it before. That's where it fits perfectly in mine. It will screw right in to the removable piece if you mount it with the barbs to the side.

InvisGreenMan said:
Put the BIX in the front where you had it before. That's where it fits perfectly in mine. It will screw right in to the removable piece if you mount it with the barbs to the side.

yea well, the thing is im putting a dual heatercore in instead. the bottom looks best for that.

update:

i ordered everything that i need for my setup today. im going with two rads in the loop. one before the cpu and one before the gpu. here is everything i got for the loop:

waterblocks: swiftech mcw6002-64, dd maze4 acetal gpu
pump: dd d4 12v
radiators: dd dual 120mm heatercore, single black ice extreme 120mm
resivoir: dd acrylic single 5.25" bay res
fans: sanyo denki 108cfm
shrouds: dd dual 120mm acrylic shroud, coolingworks 120mm for bix
extras: dd fillport, clearflex tubing, water wetter, all kinds of fittings

in total were looking at around $500cdn, which kinda hurts, but i've got some hardware to sell that will cover it. :)

as you can probably tell, im going big on this one. hopefully it's gonna work out well for me. if you see any flaws don't hesitate to mention something. thanks.

LOTS OF PICS WILL BE COMING. :cool:

Last edited:
look what came yesterday:

oczandkit2xg.jpg

i removed both floppy connections and two of the 4 pin molexes because i just don't need them. then i sleeved what was left. here's a pic after i sleeved this unit:

oczsleeved9ug.jpg

i think it turned out quite well, im happy with this psu. :cool:

hkh said:
Nice, caint wait to see how this turns out your project will determine if I get one of these cases or not.

getting all the parts in, modding up the case and installing the loop will propably take me about 2-3 weeks. mainly just waiting for all the parts is the big thing, especially with the extra long weekend.

was messin around with my cpu just to see how high i could get a screenie of it with. here's what i came up with:

cpu28256ux.png

this is under an xp-90. it's prime stable at 2700mhz, with 1.65v. i think i got real lucky with this chip. :)

only thing i don't like is the 9x multiplier. i have a 3200+ venice in my future plans but im starting to wonder if they will be able to compete with my winch.

got my order from danger den today. indluding a double heater core, maze4 gpu, fillport and an acrilyic shroud for the core. gonna be painting the heater core black within the next few days. pics too come.

Back