• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need ram suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

garrett27

Registered
ok well my set up is in my sig and i am looking for new ram doesn't matter the company but i am looking to keep it under say 125
ddr3

let me know what i should get or look for

thanks guys

Im BSODing with my old set, they are dead sticks i memtested and my pc is not able to store data in my ram (both sticks). I messed with my timings and i kept getting the same error. talked to OCZ and the said they would swap for new ones but i cant have my computer down for the time it takes to send out the ram and then wait for new sticks to get back. So there in lies the problem

If its a holdover pair, just get the cheapest you can find that will get you by... some 1333 9-9-9-24 will be fine.

you dont think just upgrading from what i have will be better? i prefer to upgrade. Christmas is coming and i have the money so i was just looking for some other options versus just swapping out my old pair. There has to be something better than the sticks i have for the price range id like to stay in

any particular brands i should be leaning towards or away from on that list. heard good things about g skill and i hear (and have experienced) that OCZ sends alot of dead sticks

You cant get much if any better really. Though 16 is an awfully low Tras. Sure its not around 20 or so?

To me I guess, there isnt a point in getting more unless you are maxing out your current 4gb.

May want to get a more modern PSU, or better GPU. If you sell your old GPU you can get more money towards an even better card.

never heard of patriot, any experience with the company? but timings are sweet and the price is right on.

thanks for the help man really appreciate your time here

oh do i not want that high?

edit: nvm

And those were the exact sticks i was looking at ;) sweet

I know in intel land its 1.65 or less. AMD may handle the 1.7, not sure, but lower is always better. You may not notice much from the upgrade still, but I would do it anyway. :)

well my current sticks have been jacked up since the daqy i got them so i think i should notice a hefty difference.

thanks again for the help man

Back