• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2d tearing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK we all expierence it, take a smaller window and drag it across the screen... the result is tearing. now i can easily get rid of 3d tearing by forcing vsync on in the nvidia control pannel but how would i go about gettin rid of 2d tearing, if at all possible.

I know what you're talking about, but for the life of me I can't seem to reproduce it on my system. I've seen it on systems before, and the only thing that comes to my mind would be to try updating (or downgrading) drivers. CPU speed and how much of its time is used may also play a role, though I really doubt it if you're seeing this on your machine. :D

Does this appear with all applications, or one or two in particular? GDI (what most 2D apps use) lets applications choose to implement double buffering on their own (which also stops tearing), though you would see the effect within a window, and probably only for a few specific applications that don't use double buffering.

JigPu

its not the system... its more the monitor that im using.. the fact that i run at 85hz on the desktop makes it tear and the fact i cant force vsync on the desktop is why... it happens with any window.

Back