• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ABIT P4 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Ive been looking for a new mobo for my 2.6c and ive been looking into ABIT. All I hear is good things about this mobo manufacturer and plan to get an IC7. I hear that the IC7 (not max 3 or 2) can overclock like a god, but the only disadvange is it dosn't have onboard LAN. But that is the least of my worries, overclocking is the real deal. Ive gotten my 2.6c to 3.53ghz stable and I want to do it again, this time with an ABIT. My Asus p4c800 dlx rev. 1 is dying and wont overclock that high (3.0ghz). What do you think of the IC7?

I've had 3 of 'em and have a 4th on the way. Reckon that says something. The main thing I wish was different with the IC7 and IC7-G is vdimm (2.8v max). The G version does give you 2 more SATA channels and Gigabit LAN.

How high can you get your 3.0C? Im planning on getting a 3.0C and overclocking some what you have (3.8ghz). Does the IC7G have the same overclock potential? Thanks for the help :).

With that 3.0C of mine in the siggy, I can hit 3.8 gig in my plain IC7 (air), the IC7-G (water), and the AI7 (air). If you are getting a 3.0C, you might consider the AI7.

if u plan on overclockign i would get the max 3. its got built in mosfet cooling 6 sata ports and gigabit lan. this board is awesome. and the voltages are more stable on the max 3 than the ic7 (ive owned both)

i got an AI7 ad i love it - i got a crap 2.6C that can only do 3.2 barely!

also the AI7 has better RAM voltages then the Max 3 and it doesnt have some of the extra's but for $100 it is the better board for the price and least amount of volt mods needed to get your ram / cpu up there.

Mr.Guvernment said:
i got an AI7 ad i love it - i got a crap 2.6C that can only do 3.2 barely!

also the AI7 has better RAM voltages then the Max 3 and it doesnt have some of the extra's but for $100 it is the better board for the price and least amount of volt mods needed to get your ram / cpu up there.

I love my 2.6C, it overclocked to 3.6ghz and it was stable. My mobo is degrading but not sure. I hope its not my chip though. This thing is friggin sweet. " I got a crap 2.6C that can only do 3.2 barely!" Are you talking about the GENERAL 2.6C :(? Man, I can understand they suck for overclocking but you dont have to diss em all :).

My 2.6C wasn't too bad (3.5GHz), but my 2.8C was a killer (3.8GHz) and so is my 2.4C (3.5GHz). My AI7 was flaky with RAM, I had a terrible time with it, but the voltages were very stable which I here the Max3 isn't at all over 2.9 volts for DIMM. My IC7-G MaxII was a very good board, but to date, I like my IS7 the best. It's just a very stable OCer and I got one of the few with onboard giga LAN.

just bought one of these babies and should be getting here soon :D

gonna do a little 2.4 m0 clocking on it...my epox 4pca3 was able to run her @ 303 max stable....hopefully she does a bit better on this board :)

oh yeah 5:4 divider of course w/ some high clocked BH-5

Hypnos said:
AI7 for sure, I just burnt my 2.8 prescott to a crisp :( fan died, but my Mobo is still going strong.

AI7 are not known well for their prescott support - supposedly many people have issues....

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
My Asus p4c800 dlx rev. 1 is dying and wont overclock that high (3.0ghz). What do you think of the IC7?

It turns out my P4C800 isn't dieing, its my ram. I borrowed my friends ram and I got to 3.55Ghz stable. Alright people, whoever is looking for cheap ram dont get: Kingston Value Ram PC3200 (This has Samsung Ram, not Hynix) This stuff cant even handle stock with a 3:2 divider @ 3.25ghz :(. I put my friends PC4000 (2 x 256) and it overclocked like crazy, I also broke 13K in 3Dmark03 :).

Back