• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA...good or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spike_1872005

Thinking about upgrading to a 6600gt. Just wondering if eVGA cards are any good or not? Preferrably would like opinions of people who have used this brand. Thanks for the info.

They are Excellent. Just go to there Site. Look around and Check out there message boards.

The BEST costomer service ive EVER seen from Any company. Very Very Helpful indeed. Glad i Picked eVGA for my purchase the other day.

Harry

they used to be pretty crappy...but here in the last few months or more they have really picked up (tried them again after a few people stated how well things had changed a few months ago)...almost as good as newegg now...

reseller rating:

10.0 last 6 months
6.11 lifetime

I have a evga 6800 vanilla. I unlocked a vp, the pixel units were bad. It oc's well to 400/900 from 325/700. Scored almost 4k in 3dmark05 so not too bad in my eyes. After putting arctic silver 5 on the gpu the card idles at 46c and gets up to about mid 60's in doom3 at 400/900. I havn't had any problems with the card so far and it blows my mind. I am happy with it... although I think its stock cooling could be a tad better.

One strange thing I have noticed is that GPU idle temp at 325mhz is significantly higher than when it hits 350mhz. I was idling at 56C @ 325mhz and when i put it to 350c I noticed it immediately drop to 46C. I would recommend yall overclock it to 350mhz in 2d mode if you have not yet because it drops the idle temp significantly.

my 6600 gt doenst really oc that high .. i think i got it at 525/1k .. no artifacts. but i remember i pushed it a lil higher a couple weeks ago and it was artifacting like mad :p

no thermo control so u dont kow what temp its at. but thats ok :p

i got it cuz of the step up plan . but its a good card :p

bohansen said:
my 6600 gt doenst really oc that high .. i think i got it at 525/1k .. no artifacts. but i remember i pushed it a lil higher a couple weeks ago and it was artifacting like mad :p

no thermo control so u dont kow what temp its at. but thats ok :p

i got it cuz of the step up plan . but its a good card :p

It shows temperature of the core in your advanced settings. Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced settings. Its where coolbits is. A small Temperature control.

comfortablynumb said:
... looks a lot like the reference design.

CN

Like I said before this is my first one, but I believe that is why their cards are so solid. They stick to the reference design.

Was happy with eVGA when I got a 6800nu, then used their stepup program to get the GT and am still happy with it :clap:

You might even want to go to the eVGA forums.

johnmcc516 said:
It shows temperature of the core in your advanced settings. Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced settings. Its where coolbits is. A small Temperature control.

u sure u talkin about the 6600gt? cuz i dont see it

bohansen said:
u sure u talkin about the 6600gt? cuz i dont see it

6600GT, Maybe not then. Could have been the other cutback they made on it to sell it for less than a 6800nu. 128Bit ram, Less pipes, and no probe.

Just a thought

Harry

Thumbs up to eVGA from me. I bought an eVGA during the Call of Duty promo a long time ago. I mailed the paper work, probably usps screwed me, and waited a while and forgot about it. I called them up months after the promo ended, explained my story, showed them my paper, and they promptly send me the game even though the promo was long over.

I have their FX 5900SE card oced to 460/755, the default speed was 400/700. Pretty nice oc in my opinion.

Back