• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy cow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XJ

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_AMD_CPUs_51.html
omgz!~!~~!~!~!!~!
i was just going on to order 2100/8RDA+/Corsair 3500 1*512mb when i saw that they updated their section today with the barton 2800's :eek: :drool:
why do they do this, temping me like the *****bags that they are!!
I will wait for the 3000 to come down in price or possibly even for the later ones, but still, for those in the uk, the 2800 is available now.:D
~~XJ

Edited subject title by Moderator

Use profanity in a subject line again, and I will delete the thread on sight.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

oh ofcourse im still going to go for the 2100. then if i have any cash left over, i'll order another mobo for a 2800/3000 at a later stage;) .
It would be quite interesting, although this was planning on being my first major o/c project, so i really need to learn as much from this as i can to then move onto the Bartons. no point frying a £300+ chip when i can fry a £70 one:D
~~XJ

Its funny,

People think the Barton will fail at overclocking because it uses more wattage at the same MHz over the T-bred but little do they know, the Barton CPUs will wipe the floor because they have so much more DIE surface area which means more contact with the heatsink transfering heat far faster than a T-bred B.

I think 512KB Of L2 is a requirement now days in all processors. If I had my way, there would be 1MB of cache in the CPUs..... like the Clawhammers.

The Barton 2800+ CPU is the CPU to watch out for. Its got a stock frequency just over the 2GHz mark and just may be the CPU to get in the future.

OC-Master

XJ said:
i agree.
btw, who's the hot chick in your avatar? ;]

mmmm. I was thinking the same thing!

And I don't think I'll be upgrading to a barton because I just bought myself an xp2400+ which is @ 2.41Ghz! so Iam happy!

asj said:

mmmm. I was thinking the same thing!

And I don't think I'll be upgrading to a barton because I just bought myself an xp2400+ which is @ 2.41Ghz! so Iam happy!

Then you better update your SIG because thats one sweet O/C :D

OC-Master

Back