• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broke my lian li window today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

i was drilling for a fan hole and the plexy rode up the center bit of the hole saw and cracked.
i think it would be a good idea to drill a hole first without the hole saw on the shaft. thats way you can hold it closer to the bit to keep it from popping up if it grabs.
i just went to home depot and got a replacement and rivoted it in, it was no prob but now my rivots are white. most of them:rolleyes:

Was you running the hole saw in reverse when cutting the plexiglass?A little known fact from the construction buiss. you can cut plexiglass by running it in reverse will make a cleaner cut and less likely to chip and crack and stops it from "grabbing the glass". Hope that can help you if you try again.
:)

TheNewbie said:
Was you running the hole saw in reverse when cutting the plexiglass?A little known fact from the construction buiss. you can cut plexiglass by running it in reverse will make a cleaner cut and less likely to chip and crack and stops it from "grabbing the glass". Hope that can help you if you try again.
:)
lol my hole saw is so dull it may as well have been in reverse.

did you replace it with lexan? its virtually impossible to get that stuff over here....when my rig was damaged I had to just order a whole new xaser side panel and pinch the window outa it cos you cant even by large sheets of good perspex in DIY stores here

Vrykyl said:
did you replace it with lexan? its virtually impossible to get that stuff over here....when my rig was damaged I had to just order a whole new xaser side panel and pinch the window outa it cos you cant even by large sheets of good perspex in DIY stores here

where did you get the xaser side panel from...i need one i put some scratches on mine....

i just used plexyglass to replace it. i got to say this 92mm panaflo is an awesome fan. i dont think ill ever buy anything but a panaflo.
for the amount of air it moves it is very very quite.
now i just need to get panaflos for all my fans.

rhino56 said:
i just used plexyglass to replace it. i got to say this 92mm panaflo is an awesome fan. i dont think ill ever buy anything but a panaflo.
for the amount of air it moves it is very very quite.
now i just need to get panaflos for all my fans.

I've been meaning to swap out all my fans for panaflos. I used to be all into the LED fans, but now its all about the sunbeam CCFLs :D

Next time you try to drill the hole, use a drill press. If you don't have one, find a local machine shop and I bet they would drill it for next to nothing (if you bring the hole saw).

Dubbin1 said:
Next time you try to drill the hole, use a drill press. If you don't have one, find a local machine shop and I bet they would drill it for next to nothing (if you bring the hole saw).
i do have a drill press but i wasnt using that. the problem was the plexy was so thin that it pulled up the corkscrew of the bit because i couldnt hold it down close enough to the bit with the hole saw on it.
thats why i was saying if your going to drill make the little hole first without the hole saw on the bit so you can hold the plexy down.
my new piece turn out beautiful and im very happy with it.

thanks for the links but the one i want is in austrilia and the one in the use is for a lanfire......i need one for xaser III full tower. thanks for the help though....

Back